Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,984   Online: 986

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images
    Hi!

I broke the door off of my beloved Nikon N70 over the weekend. Not sure how it happened, I came down off of a large rock after a hike and the door was flapping in the wind! Anyway, I called the Nikon Parts people and they say they can sell me a new shell for the complete camera for under $20. Has anyone here replaced the shell on their camera before? I am wondering how much work I am looking at. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but am a little hesitant to start working on this electronic beast.
    hi!

I'd suggest buying the shell and taking it to a repair shop (not just a camera store, but a bona fide repair-shop). Twenty dollars is not a ton of money, and they probably could transfer the electronics easily. I'd get a quote first, though.

Images
    Well, I ordered the body from Nikon. The price went up 2 bucks over night. After taking a look at my body (the camera) I am going to be able to swap doors pretty easily.
    hi!

Lousy rock!

Images
    You're telling me!
    hi!

Images
    Just a quick followup. I received my "Shell" from Nikon this morning. IT turns out it is only a plastic shell for the door. I am going to have to transfer over the pressure plate and a few other parts. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though. and oh yeah, the price was different from the two previous quotes I got from them... $17.70 Nikon is crazy...
    hi!

Images
    Sorry, I', a space cadet today. I meant to include the Nikon Parts Department contact info in my last post...

Nikon USA Parts Department
    19601 Hamilton Ave
    Torrance, CA 94502-1309

ph 310-516-7124
    fx 310-719-9782
    hi!

bmac,

Nice shots on your site. What lens (es) are you using on your N70?

Thanks

Images
    Thanks. Most shots on the site are from my Mamiya RB67. For the nikon, most used lenses are 50 1.8 and 28 2.8.
    hi!

Shooter
    35mm
    Your "Pigeon Point Lighthouse" is a wonderfull photo, one of the best I've ever seen!
    Cheers
    Tomicjusz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin