Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,565   Online: 881

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's nothing. This "mother" beats your "mother". Granted, it's intended for medium format.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0610/06...eiss1700f4.asp

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, I can see why you guys like this lens! :rolleyes:

But as a woman, I don't feel the need for that kind of "display."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    touché

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought it looked more like the father of all lenses...

Indeed, the strange description of this unique lens as capable of taking pics of objects distant 18-32 miles away is mind boggling. On my wall I have a picture of mountains distant more than 50 miles, taken with a large format camera and the 800mm Nikon. You can see details such as the difference between a glacier and snow, the individual peak's structure etc. Nothing impedes me to put a 35mm camera to this lens with an appropriate adapter and take just a smaller part of the scene with the same detail. What the heck is the mysterious distance between 18-32 miles away?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Indeed, the strange description of this unique lens as capable of taking pics of objects distant 18-32 miles away is mind boggling. On my wall I have a picture of mountains distant more than 50 miles, taken with a large format camera and the 800mm Nikon. You can see details such as the difference between a glacier and snow, the individual peak's structure etc. Nothing impedes me to put a 35mm camera to this lens with an appropriate adapter and take just a smaller part of the scene with the same detail. What the heck is the mysterious distance between 18-32 miles away?
    And I have photos of the Andromeda Galaxy taken with a 50mm lens on my Minolta XD-5 camera... and the galaxy is only 2.5 million light years away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PatTrent View Post
    OK, I can see why you guys like this lens! :rolleyes:

But as a woman, I don't feel the need for that kind of "display."
    The reason why GUYS like this lens has nothing to do with display...it has to do with not having to get up off our butts and move closer to take a picture.

If it had been left up to women, televisions still wouldn't have remote controls.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    The reason why GUYS like this lens has nothing to do with display...it has to do with not having to get up off our butts and move closer to take a picture.

If it had been left up to women, televisions still wouldn't have remote controls.
    I have to admit when I first read the specs of this lens the thought 'A car would be cheaper for getting close enough to photograph of something 18 to 32 miles away', did cross my mind.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well,
    you didn't really have to wait for Canon to make this lens - you always could have bought a Celestron 14 telescope and a T-mount adapter. Then when you weren't using it as a lens, you'd have an awesome telescope to boot .

Shooter
    35mm
    If this lens was designed so you can photograph something 18-32 miles away, why focus down to 120 metres? Maybe there's a macro switch we can't see.

I think I'll leave it to the guys who think they need to compensate.

Gordon.
    *Minolta Maxxum 7 *Minolta Dynax 600si Classic *Minolta Dynax 5 *Minolta X-300
    *Minolta 28-105 RS, Minolta 50/1.7 (AF & MD), Minolta 50/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300
    *A passion to capture God's awesome creation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin