Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,857   Online: 936

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    copake_ham: Thanks. and i'll be checking out that forum
    I do have the users manual and some pdf files that cover the basics. It came in the box with the manual etc. no original reciept, but well.. that doesnt' really matter much to me.. the mechanics are excellent .. just that damn focus problem. And yes.. while it is not necessary, i would very much like it to work. Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Also try this website. Just about everything about nikons.
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/photography.htm
    Also this is a great forum for nikon lovers.
    http://www.nikonians.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
    "There is something about the mystery
    of what is on a roll of film that keeps
    me shooting, none of that digital
    instant gratification for me."

Shooter
    35mm
    Well.. a little update. I found some tweezers, took a deep breath and tried to remove the focusing screen for a look see.. nothing wrong there as far as i can tell, and as monophoto said earlier, it would be quite an undertaking to get that wrong. It was clean and seated correctly. It's a K2 btw. I have yet to develop the pictures i've taken so far, but after using the camera more and trying out some different settings it seems to be more of an issue with how much i zoom in than anything else. Guess i should look into getting a B2 model focusing screen for use with these lense types.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh - you didn't say that you are using a zoom lens.

Its not unusual for the split-image portion of a focusing screen to not be visible when using a zoom lens.

Try a single-focal length lens before jumping to the conclusion that there is something wrong with your camera.
    Louie

Shooter
    35mm
    Try a single-focal length lens before jumping to the conclusion that there is something wrong with your camera.
    Yeah, i'm on the lookout for a couple as we speak. Quite frankly i didn't think the zoom would matter all that much. Come to think of it i've never used a zoom lens manually before.. only whe one on my fujifilm s7000 and well.. all i had to worry about there was keeping it fed with batteries. I also have an old worn out pentax sp1000 with a similar focusing system, but all it's lenses are fixed and i never encountered this. Well.. learn as you go i guess :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin