Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,467   Posts: 1,597,467   Online: 820

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't really add anything of any value here other than to say that I am a Nikon boy who went to Minolta!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's a great source of Nikon info. http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...ls/slr9294.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mystique View Post
    Rear curtin sync? WHAAAA?????
    Thanks!!!!!
    Lori
    This is cool stuff!

Long shutter speed and flash.

Front curtain (shutter) opens, subject moves and blurs, flash fires just before the rear curtain (shutter) closes; blur trail is now behind subject. Looks cool.

Normal sync puts blur in front of subject. Looks, well, weird.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM your email and I will send you a PDF of the manual if you wish.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any of you folks going from Minolta to Nikon have any manual focus Minolta lenses that are in your way? I'll be glad to relieve you of the burden

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I switch after the MD to AF from Minolta to Nikon and look never back.

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    35mm
    A good, inexpensive lens that goes well with the N90s is the Nikkor (Nikon) 35-70mm AF lens. Another great lens to take a look at is the Nikkor 24-120mm lens. I have both, and use them on my old Nikon F4s and N8008s cameras. Also, don't overlook the standard 50mm f/1.8 AF lens.

Also, you might want to look into mating your N90s with a Nikon MB10 Verticle Power Grip as that will greatly improve the handling of the camera.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have NOT noticed any difference in presence or absence of the "D" chip when looking at results. The D chip lens sends distance information to the camera body that presumably get used for computing exposure in flash and matrix mode. I use center metering only. (never matrix mode and rarely spot)

Given a choice of lens with D and non-D in equal price and condition, I'd pick the former but I do not hesitate to buy non-D for my use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be interested to read the responses to the thread. Nikon lens variations are.....numerous to say the least. I know the difference between F (original lenses for the F system), AI, and AI-S, possibly Series E (they say Series E on them, right )and that is it.....when it comes to auto focus lenses, I am totally lost.

What I do know is that you should not use any original F mount lenses on your camera, or on any camera that has any of the rotating parts on the camera body near the lens mount (AI tab). They simply will not mount without breaking that tab.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also am not interested in a "this versus that" war. Pointless.

But - I bought an F90x (in the US, N90s) when it first came out. I work at a daily paper, and over the 15 years I've had this camera put literally tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of rolls of film through it. Never once had a problem, and in fact it continues to work perfectly to this day.

The metering is fantastic, even on old manual focus lenses (which confine you to centre weighted metering, not much of a 'confinement' since the metering is still excellent). One can still get spot metering with older lenses.

I can only say good things about this camera. It's solid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, here's an excellent summary of Nikon lens variations:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm

Ken Rockwell is a controversial figure to say the least but this particular page is highly regarded by some. It is clearly written, well researched (I have not found any errors personally), and best of all, quite useful when selecting/dreaming about new lens in used market.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin