Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,961   Posts: 1,558,293   Online: 980

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Like steve I have nothing to add, but that never stopped me before...
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I'm a Minolta boy who wishes he'd have stuck with it, but there was 10 years between the two and in that time the newer Minoltas seemed a step down from my old XE. I think the (MD) lenses were every bit as good as the nikkor (AI/AIS), but there is so much more selection with a nikon and the new Micro 60 and 105 are the absolute shiznit.
    I agree. I have posted this before but I will say (write) it again:

I have been a Nikon user for many years, mainly due to the fact that my father was also a Nikon user going from the original F up to the F4 with FMs and FEs thrown in for good measure.

I have only ever had zoom lenses but this time last year I decided I wanted some Nikon prime lenses (28mm, 50mm and 135mm). The problem was I couldn't afford them.

Then I discovered a Minolta XE-1 for sale with a 50mm f1.4 lens so I bought it. I also bought 28mm and 135mm Rokkor lenses. I think these are equal to the Nikkors but are available at around a quarter of the price.

I have since been given a Vivitar series 1 28-105mm zoom (67mm thread for the lens geeks) but I have not had a chance to use it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I love the N90s...so much I have two of them. I always wanted one when I started with the Minolta AF and could not justify it with the Maxxum7 and 800si. I still have the Maxxum 7 and two lenses 50/1.7 and 35-70/4. I can always "borrow" from my wife as well. She shoots with a Sony A200. But back to the N90s. The 50/1.4 and 35/2 are great "old" lenses. The metering is fantastic as previously stated. Add the MB-10 in and you have a well-balanced body with a hard to fool metering system. I used this as the film body at a wedding yesterday. I can hardly wait to see the results. Happy hunting...some of the old Nikkors are worth a shot. I have also a 50/1.4 that I keep as well as the 105/2.5 that will be an heirloom.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    35mm
    Luke

I use the F100 and N90s rigs all the time for weddings. You'll love the results they deliver.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    KK, you came up in the reception discussion yesterday. Someone noted that I had mentioned end of roll when the bride and groom were receding. I just reached over and grabbed the D80. He was surprised that anyone still shoots film, so I mentioned you.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tak, Soeren;

It is always nice to find a balanced source of information about notable personages such as the esteemed Ken Rockwell, Esq.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin