Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,839   Online: 738

Nikon's site ( www.nikonusa.com ) appears to have removed the N90s from the list of cameras. Has it been discontinued? Also, what do you think will happen with the price of this camera? I own one of them, and am interested in the future of the model.

Thanks!

Images
    I believe they were discontinued about 6 months ago. I thinlk there will always be a strong resale market for the 90s. IT is a great camera. The N80 was just too close to it to justify having both lines.

Brian
    hi!

I wish the price of the F100 would come down a bit. I don't have the accessory back for the N90s, and I'd like to have the bracketing capability and faster autofocus of the F100.

Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Actually, the F90x is the camera I have. It's identical to the N90s. The F90x was sold outside the U.S., and was just a different designation. I got my camera in Europe, so the name is different, even though the camera is the same.

ah HA! Thanks Prime....
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

The F90x was my first Nikon camera. Even if recently I degraded it to my backup body, I still use it, mainly for black and white stuff (I wasnt't very happy with the color metering for slides).

I wrote a free software running on Linux, as a Photo Secretary replacement for this camera. It's free, you can download it:

http://balint.k-i-s.net/en/sw/gicon

It provides some extra features which aren't available in Photo Secretary. The most important is the slide label printing support, which I have been using extensively. It will also display the total number of frames shot, and the number of rolls.

Great camera.

Wow! Thanks for the link.

balint,

Will your software work for the other N auto series like the N70?

Thanks for sharing that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Some of the Nikon bodies can be set to store shooting data for each frame on a variable number of rolls. The number of rolls depends upon the body, amount of data per shot, and number of shots on the roll. Nikon sells software for each of the bodies that are capable of this. As far as I know, this is limited to the N/F90, F100, and F5.

The Nikon software is only available for the Windows platform (as far as I know). If I ever decide I need this type of software, I will download the software balint has so kindly made available. For my N90s, I'll also need to get the MC31 cord (I think it's the MC31).

Vernon
    Vernon in Indiana
    Nikon FM2, Beauty LM, and Seagull TLR

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin