Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,839   Online: 887

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew West View Post
    I want to thank everyone for the help; what I've received up until this point and, of course, all the advice I'm sure I'll be needing in the future.

I've narrowed down my choices (XD11/7, SRT 102, and the XK). The problem is that KEH, while they have an XD11 available, it's in UG condition. I also found an XK, but like I said before, it's in BGN condition for $225. They have the SRT 102, but I'd hate to choose a camera (or anything else) simply due to a lack of options.

Can anyone suggest another dealer (preferably one with which you've had some experience)?

Collectable Camera at RITZCAM.COM has a number of MF bodies.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I want to thank everyone for the help; what I've received up until this point and, of course, all the advice I'm sure I'll be needing in the future.

I've narrowed down my choices (XD11/7, SRT 102, and the XK). The problem is that KEH, while they have an XD11 available, it's in UG condition. I also found an XK, but like I said before, it's in BGN condition for $225. They have the SRT 102, but I'd hate to choose a camera (or anything else) simply due to a lack of options.

Can anyone suggest another dealer (preferably one with which you've had some experience)?
    Have you never heard of eBay?

http://photography.listings.ebay.com...istingItemList

and, if you have your heart set on a SRT model, here's a narrowed down search:

http://photography.search.ebay.com/s...sPageNameZWLRS

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Have you never heard of eBay?

http://photography.listings.ebay.com...istingItemList

and, if you have your heart set on a SRT model, here's a narrowed down search:

http://photography.search.ebay.com/s...sPageNameZWLRS
    I've used eBay; out of the three or four auctions I've won, all but one worked out just fine. Yet, for whatever reason, I'm uncomfortable using it for this.

It looks like there are some great finds hidden in there.

CGross
    I've used eBay; out of the three or four auctions I've won, all but one worked out just fine. Yet, for whatever reason, I'm uncomfortable using it for this.

It looks like there are some great finds hidden in there.
    Andrew, I have bought a fair number of Minolta bodies off of *bay. And only a couple bodies had issues. Which wasn't a big deal because there are a number of very reputable repair shops out there that can still fix these things for a very reasonable price. My favorite is Garrys Camera Repair: http://www.garryscamerarepair.com/

With some searching you can find a really good deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I started out I used Minoltas. Srt 101, 102, XE-7 (leitz copal shutter) and the XK. My favorite of all of them was the XE-7. However if one is buying used, long discontinued cameras made by a comapny that no longer is in the camera business I would consider buying the one with the least and simplest electronics.

Gears can be made by any machinist, but if special chips or electrical components are no longer available, then the camera becomes useless.

Shooter
    35mm
    One annotation - some say (including me) that the REAL best Minolta manual focus camera is the 9000 AF.
    -ibo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing I've noticed is that the really nice prime MD lenses rarely come up on eBay. I think that people are hanging on to them. I'm talking about the 35mm/1.8, the 85mm/2, the 100m/2.5, and so on. Same with the shift and viable focus lenses, although there another factor is that so few were made in the first place. Incidentally, was the 85/2 an improvement over the 85/1.8, or was it merely designed to be lighter and more compact?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As, said , the XD line is really nice. If you'd rather a more substantial and mechanical machine, try the XE-7. It's my favorite Minolta.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadedoto View Post
    As, said , the XD line is really nice. If you'd rather a more substantial and mechanical machine, try the XE-7. It's my favorite Minolta.
    I agree that the XE-7 is a very nice camera. It handles well, is aperature priority, is very solid and rugged with nice metering. I've bought two off Ebay: one sucked, the other is simply great. Ya pays your money and you takes your chances ....

Toadhall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only have one Minolta boy in my vast arsenal of Japanese SLR's and it is the XE-7 which is also a twin to the Leica R3. It is a nice tank of camera with a quiet copal shutter.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin