Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,860   Online: 1070

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunr View Post
    I just read in Shutterbug about the newer Zeiss lenses for the Nikon "F" Mount. Anybody tried them out, seen them?

I'm kind of intrigued by the 100mm Macro lens but I'm sure it's pretty expensive. I'm curious if it is really much better then the Nikkors.
    There are tests of the ZF lenses at photozone:

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/index.html

Perhaps this is a little bit helpful for you.

Best regards,
    Jana

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, "ZAS" finally did take over and I took the plunge and got the 100mm Macro f2......

Mounted it up on my FE2 and shot off a roll of Portra 160vs on the flowers in my wife's flower garden.

The roll is going off to A&I tommorow so we'll see how they turn out!

(and yes, I did wait until the wife had come home from shopping for shoes and clothes......)
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunr View Post
    Well, "ZAS" finally did take over and I took the plunge and got the 100mm Macro f2......

Mounted it up on my FE2 and shot off a roll of Portra 160vs on the flowers in my wife's flower garden.

The roll is going off to A&I tommorow so we'll see how they turn out!

(and yes, I did wait until the wife had come home from shopping for shoes and clothes......)
    Please let me (and indeed all of us) know your opinions.

I've just been testing the new ZV lenses for Hasselblad. Nothing processed yet...

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm
    I will do that. It ususally takes A&I about 10 - 12 days to get the rolls back to me so it will be a little while.

First impressions are positive and to my eye it does look incredibly sharp. Amazingly smooth in the focus and it does seem to "snap" into focus when you do get there. I like the 1/2 stop intervals as well.

But, as they say the "proof is in the pudding" and I'll see how the photos turn out. I was a bit like a kid in a candy shop and was rushing about shooting everything I could and probably didn't go as slowly as I should have. Next time I will use the tripod and do it right!
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    35mm
    Half a dozen advertisers, I think all from Hong Kong, have appeared on eBay advertising that they had them in stock. Prices looked to be not that much higher than comparable Nikkors. Just use a search string something like "Nikon 85mm f1.4" and one or more that size should pop up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ehparis View Post
    Half a dozen advertisers, I think all from Hong Kong, have appeared on eBay advertising that they had them in stock. Prices looked to be not that much higher than comparable Nikkors. Just use a search string something like "Nikon 85mm f1.4" and one or more that size should pop up.
    Thanks for the info. I'd love to get a fast 85 F-mount.

A couple of questions come to mind:

1) Is the 85/1.4 one of the ZF's made by Cosina under Zeiss supervision so that it's readily obtainable in Asia and that's why these HK dealers have it?

2) I see a lot of these HK dealer listings on eBay. Are they reputable dealers? Anyone know good ones (or baddies to stay away from)?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin