Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,450   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to get a dead SLR?

Heya,

I would like to get an SLR for an evil purpose. It is best if it doesn't work, since it won't work when I (OK, when my son) is done with it. Anyone know where to look? eBay? KEH?

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Matt, I have an old Pentax 35mm slr that is in need of repair. The film advance is jamed and it had been sitting for several years.

If you are interested pm me your information and I send it to you.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey View Post
    Heya,

I would like to get an SLR for an evil purpose. It is best if it doesn't work, since it won't work when I (OK, when my son) is done with it. Anyone know where to look? eBay? KEH?

Matt
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just go to your local camera dealer and ask if he has any Nikon D-100's left. :o

It was a "top shelf" DSLR only three years ago. Now it is just about worthless.

Other "early issuse" DSLRs wll also meet the above criterion.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OK, now I feel really stupid. :o I just checked and I can't find the camera. My wife informed me I threw it away or traded it several years ago. I don't remember that but she has an iron clad memory and mine is questionable.

If I do find one and I pm you and save myself the public embarrassment. :rolleyes:

Sorry

Gary
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just sold a broken Nikon FE on eBay... surprisingly I got $31 US for it. It was pretty but it had an electronics problem.

KEH often has nonfunctional cameras on special. You can easily find them on eBay too.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KEH sells broken cameras as is. They have some sort of Minolta for $3. Of course, I would recommend waiting until you have something real to buy so you don't have to spend $10 to ship a $3 camera. They have an as-is section where the cameras are listed separately from the ones that work.

Edit: I just realized that I have some sort of broken piece of crap in the garage. A few, I think. I will PM you.
    Last edited by Paul Sorensen; 04-07-2007 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey View Post
    Heya,

Matt
    I have a Canon A1, complete with a battered case, lens etc. It works, but sometimes the shutter is slow to release. The speeds seem fine, just the release button doesn't seem to "catch". Is this the sort of thing you'd like? It'll be cheep like the little birdies

cheers eh?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a Bronica S2 that I haven't used in a little while. Is this dead enough for you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s2.jpg  
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yard sales and estate sales. Also check at the Goodwill stores. They usually have all sorts of broken cameras.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    KEH has an "as is" section on the back of their catalogs where they list SLR's like an inoperative Leica R3 for $149, an Olympus OM1 for $33.00, a Pentax K2 for $39.00, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin