Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,828   Online: 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format

spools

Fred, Sorry I don't have a picture at the moment. If I remember I'll attempt to post one once I get home.

The arm is attached to the body and the wheels rest on the take-up-spool when there is no film loaded.

Hope this helps you visualise what is happening.

Regards
    N

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I found an illustration of the arm. It's a small thing right, kinda midway ? If it is what I found, I can see why this should be looked at more closely. Maybe try and give the wheels a spin and see if there's any sticking.

<thinks...>

Actually, if the film scratches and the arm/wheels lineup, there's your problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wheels

Fred,
    Clearly you have the correct diagram as you now understand our suspiscion. Now all I really have to do is persuade Nikon or a dealer to supply the part and then be brave enough to fit it.

Regards
    N

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would still try and see if it can be fixed without Nikon's help. It could simply be a matter of spinning the wheels until they feel loose and free ( I know, broken record...). I'd stay away from any type of lube. Like a copal shutter, it might be sticking from lack of use.

On the other hand, if it looks like a couple of screws, have at it !

Last thought, there's no chance the end of a spring has worked loose and is sticking up or down is it ?

Good luck,

Fred

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wheels

Fred,
    As you say it looks fairly simple to take off but and it ain't much use without being fixed so I have little to lose. I will develop the slow rewind film first and if that doesn't fix it I'll take a screwdriver to it. I'd rather find the cause rather than simply replace all moving parts. It does seem that this may be a problem with some early F80's. I will post the fix if and when I find one.

Thanks for all your advice
    Regards
    N

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin