Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,106   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    LOL, I totally understand how you feel about photography purchases and relationship with your significant other. Hopefully I'm not detracting too much from the original poster's thread, but on most personal shooting days I just want to use my 35mm film camera and some B&W film, but since we have 35mm digital equipment, it's hard to explain to my partner why I still want to shoot film. She just doesn't understand how fun it is to do analog photography. Everytime I bring in a roll of film to be developed or I buy more rolls of film, she nags. Sigh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=Kopite64;454032

It was even funnier last year when she discovered my hiding place of 16 years for my cash slush fund. Told her I was saving for a birthday present for her. Incredibly she found something that cost exactly what I had saved to the last £ (I didn't even realise she had counted it).

I have a feeling the appearance of an SLR, Drive and 5 lenses may just wrinkle her beautiful little button nose[/QUOTE]

For 33 years my wife has not found my cash slush fund, (I hide it in the oven).

I also have seperate account for my occasional camera purchases. Try hiding a a couple of 8x10 cameras and a couple of 5x7 cameras sometime.

P.S. I always lusted after the F3HP, but could never afford them, until the past couple of years. Now I have 2 F3HPs with MD4 on each. Thank God for digital!!!

Wayne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    tee hee. My wife figures that my photo expenses are cheaper than psychotherapy... so it's all part of the budget.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Tell her, "IT'S ALL FOR ART"
    It is easier to gain enlightenment than to explain enlightenment.
    Supreme Master Ching Hai

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    It's an essential purchase, women have babies to play with, men have cameras.
    Hey! Not all women just play with babies, my baby is a MF Pentax. You don't want to sound chauvanistic, do you ????
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    It's an essential purchase, women have babies to play with, men have cameras.

Exccuuuse me???? (Hands on hips, eyes shooting flaming bolts)

"So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife was an animator and filmmaker; she ENCOURAGES me to buy gear... up to a point.

Nowdays, with that blasted auction site, government surplus sales and thrift stores, it is EASY to stay in budget and still accumulate great gear!

I love my wife... *snif*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The one thing my ex never complained about was photography. Recently she saw some of my enlarged photos on the wall at my oldest daughter's home and the ex said that I always took great photos.

I have had the same girl friend for six years. She never complains when I take photographs and waits patiently. When I want to buy photo, ski, bicycle or offroading equipment she encourages me to get those things for myself. I just don't know how long the relationship will last because we have never had a fight. ... And if you have never had a fight then you have not idea how long the relationship will last.

Steve
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 04-11-2007 at 10:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll never forget when I was told women will never make good photographers - because we are too emotional.

Eat those words Gary!

Congratulations Paul! Make nice photographs of your wife and family, and let her take the camera out, too. That might make the introduction a little less painful.

Daventry Northamptonshire about as central as you can get.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now there is a cunning plan cheers Nicole!
    Regards Paul

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter".

Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin