Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,811   Online: 1001

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Exccuuuse me???? (Hands on hips, eyes shooting flaming bolts)

LOL!

I have my cameras, my husband has his shed full of tools (he is a mechanic by trade, not hobby. He has his multiple project vehicles waiting for warmer weather for him to work on.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    It's an essential purchase, women have babies to play with, men have cameras.
    That's hilarious!
    Can't say my household fit's that mold- we've got 4 youngins, my wife has a much more 'successful' career than I have. (As a result of her superior education) I've done the stay at home dad thing for a few years, and probably am going to again within the next 6 months.

But I still claim to be the more intelligent one, by default of my superior male chromosomes.

(I'm only kidding, but I will be going into hiding now in case noone finds this humorous)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    The one thing my ex never complained about was photography. Recently she saw some of my enlarged photos on the wall at my oldest daughter's home and the ex said that I always took great photos.
    Steve
    Unfortunately, I don't have the quality photos to convince her to let me satisfy my G.A.S. (As my photo gallery proves)
    I need a new angle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    I'll never forget when I was told women will never make good photographers - because we are too emotional.

Eat those words Gary!

Congratulations Paul! Make nice photographs of your wife and family, and let her take the camera out, too. That might make the introduction a little less painful.
    All seriousness aside. When my first child was born, I set up my X-700 with the strobe to the correct f/stop and 1/60th second. Then I showed the ex how to focus and shoot. The camera was always out and I made sure that it was always loaded and the batteries were good. A lot of Kodak [and Fuji] moments were captured.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    What great prices! Especially that 35mm f2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    lol! I went through the same thing awhile back with Olympus OM equipment, in fact I still have an occasional relapse.

As far as the hidden cash thing - it's easy. That's why I have 2 side businesses that never seem to turn a profit...

Bruce

Shooter
    Medium Format
    BOY she got off easy with you. You could have bought an entire darkroom to go with that too. Good thing you aren't into MF or LF. Divorce is saying, you're a dead man, nicely.

Have a blast and be sure to take plenty of pics of the kids while they are at that magic age. I'm still printing pics of em from years ago.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just hope that you didn't get ripped off.

Everytime I bring in a roll of film to be developed or I buy more rolls of film, she nags. Sigh.
    I wouldn't be using film if I had to have a lab develop it. It's my picture, and I should be controlling it's creation.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reub2000 View Post
    I wouldn't be using film if I had to have a lab develop it. It's my picture, and I should be controlling it's creation.
    And that is because you have the time to do so that is granted by being young.

You should save your quote and look at it again twenty or thirty years from now! :rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    And that is because you have the time to do so that is granted by being young.

You should save your quote and look at it again twenty or thirty years from now! :rolleyes:
    I use film because I can use a darkroom. Take away the darkroom, and I wouldn't shoot film. I'd use a filmless camera.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin