Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,966   Online: 752

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dslater View Post
    I'd vote for an F3 as well - I have an F100 and an F3 and I think they make a great pair. Also, on your F100, have you tried using the electronic rangefinder with your MF lenses?
    Yep, I`ve tried the electronic rf, but it`s basically useless for tight portraits, and how I shoot....
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four votes for the F3, two for the F4. Keep em`coming
    Amund

Shooter
    35mm
    What about the FM10? I heard it's a pretty good manual camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund View Post
    My F100 needs a companion.. While it`s a superfantasticfaboulus camera, it`s not that good for manual focus, the focus screen isn`t half as good as the one in my old Pentax Me Super....

So, wich old Nikon will be the perfect match for my wonderful 105mm f/2.5 Ais?
    F3HP

A F100 (or its big brother F5) together with a F3 is a joyful duo.

I love to load up the AF with some color film for the "easy to grab" shots while also putting a roll of B&W in the F3HP. I often "dupe" shots b/w the two. Of course, being "real" Nikons it means you wind up with two, rather than one, albatross bricks around your neck but heck - it the artistic price we pay!

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd get an F3HP for its bright, 100% finder, then pick up a few AIS lenses (or AI). The "feel" of D lenses is part of anyone's manual focus problem. They're just not intended for manual focus and the older lenses focus like a dream.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm the F3HP seems to be in the lead, and it`s the one that appeals most too

epharis, I have a absolutely fantastic 105mm f/2.5 Ais, and will probably add something wide-ish too...
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F3HP is my vote. Beautiful viewfinder. Great camera otherwise too. The only weirdness is the flash connection (no normal hot shoe).
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A F2 is also an option, not battery dependent, very strong and durable, and works with a host of inexpensive non AIS lens. Viewfinder is very bright. Down side will not meter with AIS lens, screens and finders may be hard to find. The F3 is a very good camera, I felt it handled better for me than a F2but has a backup to a F100 the F2 has a few advantages.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually the F2 will meter with AI-S lenses... if you have the Photomic or F2A meter head for the F2 you can't meter at full aperture with Series E and autofocus lenses, but you can meter in stop-down mode. AI-S lenses (with the single exception of the newer version of the 50/1.8) have the coupling shoe and meter normally.

Of course you can get an F2AS which has AI meter coupling, and have the best of both worlds.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    Actually the F2 will meter with AI-S lenses... if you have the Photomic or F2A meter head for the F2 you can't meter at full aperture with Series E and autofocus lenses, but you can meter in stop-down mode. AI-S lenses (with the single exception of the newer version of the 50/1.8) have the coupling shoe and meter normally.

Of course you can get an F2AS which has AI meter coupling, and have the best of both worlds.
    I forgot about the AIS and F2A head, I had the older head and never upgraded, just bought a F3.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin