Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,434   Online: 825

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I still use my FD-series Canon's -- A1 and a pair of AE1P's (the F1 was stolen, boohoo). I have most of the lenses between 20mm and 200mm.

I also have a Contax G2 with the stock 3-lens kit: 28/45/90 with the 28 getting the lion's share of the shots. Had a borrowed 21 for a while, I'd buy one but the A-1 with a 20mm just barely fits in my big jacket pocket. Sometimes I supplement the Contax with a Canon Leica-like from the 50's.

TMax 100 60%, Delta 400 30%, Ektachrome 100G 10%

I use 35mm for 90% of my shooting, digital and MF for the remainder.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

The first shots I squeezed off were through the lens of a Pentax K1000 in high school for Yearbook. After Grampa died I inherited his Nikon N2000 with 28-70 and 70-210 lenses. When those were stolen from me last summer (if I ever see the person who stole them, they better have good running shoes), I went without for a few months until I found another N2000 used for a good price. I got the body and a 50 mm lens, and I've been using it ever since. I just got an 80-200 zoom lens for it.

The one drawback with my N2k is that the tripod mouting hole isn't in the middle, but I work with it pretty well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    umm ...
    i guess i should say pentax me super, pentax k1000 (the metal body is now held together with duct tape), a leica m3, pentax auto 110, speed graphic (4x5), a szabad 5x7 and a szabad 8x10 camera for days that i ate my wheaties

lastly - the yashica t4 does the family snapshot thing ..

Hard to say. My first 35mm SLR was a Miranda. Second was a Ricoh in the Pentax K-mount - used that one as a photojournalist so it got a lot of use.

After leaving journalism I photographed mostly for pleasure. It took me longer but I finally took more frames with the Canon FD system I eventually migrated to.

But in the past year and a half I've run more frames through the Nikon system I've finally settled on for my "serious" work than I did during the previous several years with Canon. Mostly that's because I've been back in the b&w darkoom doing my own processing/printing and burning through a lot more film.

I also tote an OM-1 fairly often for pleasure jaunts but don't actually shoot as much with it as with the Nikon gear.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Used a Pentax MX for many years-a really nice little camera which stood up to a lot of abuse. Sadly it got nicked but I'm replacing it asap-getting one of those little pancake lenses to stick on it. Camera makers these days seem to have forgotten how to make small 35 mm cameras...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog
    Camera makers these days seem to have forgotten how to make small 35 mm cameras...
    Ditto. That's why I haven't been able to part with my OM-1 and Zuikos despite having switched to Nikon for most of my 35mm work. My FM2N isn't much larger than the OM-1 but my 49mm filter thread type Zuikos are definitely smaller and lighter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just had a Pentax H3 repaired. Lenses are smallish, body is a little more compact than my F or F2, and I can leave it in the desk at the office. 50mm and 105mm w/ 49mm filters are very compact, and almost pocketable, if you have a decent sized coat. Pity that old Pentax wide-angles tend to the bulky.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Canon FD A-cameras are actually lighter tan the OM series from the same period, but larger (plastic bodies). I've found that they fit in a large coat pocket even with a fat 20mm on board.

That said, almsot everything these days is Contax G2 -- I usually just bring the Canons for the 20mm (which I need to replace with a Biogon!) and longer lenses (135 f/2 FD is sweet but huge).

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Some of the Canon FD gear was fairly lightweight - my T50 and T70 bodies were about the same weight as the OM-1. And they're weren't much larger.

The FD lenses were usually larger tho'. Even the "new" FD mount lenses like the 50/1.8 with 52mm filter threads, tho' smaller and lighter than the earlier breechlock lenses, were still generally larger and somewhat heavier than the Zuikos with 49mm filter threads.

I've carried a lot of different 35mm SLR systems. Nothing quite compares with the OM system for portability in mostly-metal gear, tho' some Pentax stuff comes close.

Many years ago I fell in love with Zeiss lenses and so I use Contax and Zeiss Ikon cameras exclusively.
    Meryl Arbing

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin