Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,525   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 24 123456711 ... LastLast

Which brand of camera do you use the most?

Number of frames shot = Minolta XE-7. Number of hours used = Linhof.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use less and less 35mm all the time, but I still keep my Canon FD system for bird photography and those occasions when I need 35mm slides, like for copy work.

I also have a Voigtlander Vitessa-L, which is a great folding rangefinder with a fine classic lens, which I picked up mainly as a camera to carry around everywhere, but I haven't used it much since I got a Voigtlander Perkeo II, which is smaller and lighter, but shoots 6x6 instead of 35mm (downside--no coupled rangefinder, so I use a shoe-mount rangefinder or scale focus).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used Nikon gear for 35mm work for years, but have on occason borrowed a Lieca or Contax rangefinder. For my next 35mm purchase I will probably by a Contax rangefinder, as the lenses are near equals to Leica's at a third of the cost. I find that I almost exclusively use prime lenses except at auto races I attend, so I don't really have need for elaborate zooms.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

I voted, but not without saying here that I don't know why the camera brand should be of any importance. :-)

Of course the right equipment is important, but I guess the F5 and EOS1V have more in common than the EOS1V and an EOS3000 (don't know the USA name&#33.

Hey all.... I am a 15 yr Minolta gal. Love em. I have beat the stuffin outta mine forever. Probably put a milloin frames thru the old 8000... Honest!! The only thing that slowed me down was some moron stole my gear. So I did some soul searching, and decided to step into Nikon shoes. The reason was thus: Digital someday. (mainly for soccer tream stuff, ((volume)) and dances).... It looks to me that the forerunner of choices is in the Nikon based bodies. So, hmm....need to learn what I am doing, so I scored on a good buy from a nikon boy (N90s). Gotta deal on a couple of sweet lenses, and here I go... :0)
    I have the Minolta 9xi, 8000i, and 7xi. Luv em!
    I also shoot Mamiya 645, and Bronica 645, 6x7. Tried the Mamiya 7...uummmm..not for me. sigh. Also had a big ol Pentax 6x7, whew....
    First wedding I shot on a C330, w/ 180..fun fun... umm, could you hold still and still look happy for a hour or so??? Damn, lost em again...hehehheh. I also have a large collection of oldies (brownie baby) type o stuff. I love cameras. Oh yeah, I use a mamiya 35 mm also. OOOOLD doggie..... :-)
    Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. Laurence Sterne 1713-1768, British Author

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Almost all my effort involves medium and large format these days: Pacemaker Speed Graphic and C330f and Koni Omega. 35mm work is accomplished with a Zeiss Ikon Contarex (a gift).

I guess the division of effort is:
    LF..... 30% Speed
    MF..... 60% C330f/KO
    35mm... 15% Crex
    Total.....105% Yea, I'm busy! No time for upgrades, downloads or backups.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hasselblad 503 Cx - 99%
    Olympus OM4 - 1%

I have an Agfa "Silette" I picked up in a yard sale for $1, complete with bulk fim loader ... I've gotta try that one again.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm
    My first 'serious' camera was an Yashica ragefinder - for some 2yrs.
    From then on, a Penatax Spotmatic - 33yrs now and, more recently an used ESII (my main camera today).
    All lenses are Takumars.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find that I am shooting less and less 35mm as well, but I shoot Nikon in 35mm (some Minox as well), Bronica for medium format (used the most), and Arca Swiss for my 4x5.
    Brian McDowell

Page 1 of 24 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin