Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,625   Online: 978

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's get SMALL

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I guess I was always looking for the "perfect shot" with the larger formats as there were only 1 (4X5) or 8 (MF) shots available at a time. So much time was spent looking and figuring the composition few pictures were made. While with a 35 mm I'll rip through a roll in no time. It's freed me up. I understand and respect everyones preference, but this is what I like. And of course black and white is the way too go too, blast through a few rolls and run to the darkroom and see what I caught... photography is so cool...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No - I think it's a HUGELY valid point. There's SO MUCH setup time. I shoot medium and 4x5 formats - I find it much more beneficial to shoot with the medium format for those reasons. WAY quicker to get the shot. 4x5 (or larger) is great if you have the shot already planned, etc.. I'm trying to find a handheld camera with the biggest neg I can get using rollfilm for these very reasons.

I think everyone's become a large film snob lately because it's antithetical to digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot mostly med format (Century Graphic, Pentacon SixTL and Rolleiflex). I still enjoy shooting 35 for all the reasons mentioned by previous posters. Love those Retina folders! I really need to shoot more 4X5.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    The format may be small but I wouldn't call the Nikon N6006 small. In fact it's quite a handful though I like it as a camera. And underneath the plasticky exterior I believe there is a metal chasis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I shoot mostly medium format now although for many years I shot 35mm. I have to say I think I had more fun shooting the 35mm. I miss the excitement of shooting quickly. I think it is much easier to travel with and easier to use on the street. You don't get questioned so much without a tripod. However, I love the bigger negative. If I could find a medium format camera that was the size of a 35mm and I could use it like a 35mm I would be in heaven.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    If I could find a medium format camera that was the size of a 35mm and I could use it like a 35mm I would be in heaven.
    Bronica benedictus

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh, thanks a lot. Now how am I going to afford an F100 AND this beauty???? When will these gas attacks end..... ha ha ha....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've long considered dropping 35mm altogether and sticking with 4x5. There is just something about that format that satisfies me.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well I just knew someone would come up with my dream!! Now I have to look for it. My husband will really be pleased....not.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps a APUG sponsor can bring the answer here, have a look at Littman...
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin