Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,668   Online: 892

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Hexar ?

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The deed is done. A Silver Hexar will be on its way here soon, and I can't wait.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Indeed, it will reach you soon!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I've just received my first slides from my recently purchased Hexar AF. My first reaction was a mixture of joy and sadness. Joy because the slides were so beautiful, simple snapshots of family and friends that glowed like jewels. Perfect sharp focus and right on the money exposure, a true delight. The sadness settled in a bit later when I realized what a lousy photographer I must be, as my previous slides were mediocre at best, with poor exposure calculation and hit and miss focusing. Now that I have had time to think about all this I am once again very happy. Happy that the Hexar can help me with the focus and exposure issues freeing me to concentrate on composition of the picture. I have found the camera I have been looking for, for a long time. I love this camera and now need to get another as a backup. Now I just have to find the cash.......
    Never met a camera I didn't like...
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j9fingers/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another update. I made pictures of my son's spring concert with the Hexar, loaded with Delta 3200 and shot at 1600. What a joy to use, and the woman next to me asked why I wasn't taking any pictures, while you could hear the shutter sounds of digitals all around. The camera operates soooo smooth and it's not very hard to figure out the functions either, that is another myth de-bunked. I will be getting another as soon as I sell off some other gear.
    Never met a camera I didn't like...
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j9fingers/

Shooter
    35mm
    I detest highly automated cameras, but that lens alone seemed worth the price of admission.

Despite the warnings and my own reservations I bought one, a Hexar Silver with Stealth mode added.

What a delightful camera! The results are superb, and it turned out to be fairly easy to operate.

The 1/250th top speed is not a great limitation for general photography.
    I'd advise purchasing a good neutral density filter, though.

I have had many 35mm cameras, but this one is a real keeper.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had one of these for about 6 months and have been looking for another one. It's one of the best lenses I've ever shot with for available light portraits. It is the sort of lens you could build a career on. Imo, it is only really special at 5.6 or, preferably, faster.

The 1/250th doesn't bug me so much. The shooting pace does. You have to press the button, let go, wait for it to wind, press the button. It seems silly, but it is slow. I'm used to cameras that are limited in speed to as fast as I can wind and click.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin