Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,570   Online: 1041

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ijsbeer View Post
    Hi Kraker,
    I've got a 35B with the same problem. but when I press the back of the camera while advancing the film the problem is not there anymore. I this it's a problem with the backplate that pushes the film against the advance wheels. I've modified the steel spring device of the backplate a bit to get more tension on the film. maybe this helps.
    I was already thinking of this, indeed. Trying with a wasted film without the back attached and with some more pressure on the back plate seemed to work better... Thanks, IJsbeer, I might give this a try.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    127 Format
    I've got two Rollei 35 LEDs. One does this and the other doesn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

update

Well, second roll worked fine when it comes to film transport. The difference? First roll was spooled from bulk by myself and was 36 frames, this roll was 24 exp. and factory-spooled. Maybe that's a difference... Transport is quite heavy on self-spooled rolls sometimes. I guess I'd better not use those in the Rollei.

Too bad there's a new problem now... only 1 of the 24 frames has correct focus. I'm suspecting that the distance scale on the camera is not correctly aligned with the distance of the lens. Still, not to worry, the seller will fix it.

Thanks all for your answers and ideas!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Update

My Rollei has been serviced; the film transport was indeed "not good"; now it feels much, much better, and I believe it is working fine now (I will know for sure when I finish the first roll of film).
    Also the focus problem has been solved. So, now I can start enjoying my Rollei 35 SE.

P.S.: If you're living in Europe and ever need servicing of a Rollei or other mechanical camera, my problems were solved quickly and professionally by DeKamera. (No, I'm not getting any money for this, I just believe it's worth mentioning a good service centre when you encounter one.)

shuttr.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great to hear your Rollei 35 is working as it should. That repair shop sounds like it must have been very close to Aachen, which I was just visiting earlier in the month.

I think that any of the Rollei 35 series are great travel cameras. Where I run into issues is when I have to shoot indoors where the focus accuracy really matters at low light levels. Outdoors where there is plenty of light to stop down, or near infinity on the distance scale, its a piece of cake to use scale focus.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Well, second roll worked fine when it comes to film transport. The difference? First roll was spooled from bulk by myself and was 36 frames, this roll was 24 exp. and factory-spooled. Maybe that's a difference... Transport is quite heavy on self-spooled rolls sometimes. I guess I'd better not use those in the Rollei.

Too bad there's a new problem now... only 1 of the 24 frames has correct focus. I'm suspecting that the distance scale on the camera is not correctly aligned with the distance of the lens. Still, not to worry, the seller will fix it.

Thanks all for your answers and ideas!
    I'm glad you got your camera working. My 35 SE that I bought new in 1981 had some problems with tearing bulk rolls also, as did my Canon T90, and several EOS bodies. So now I save the bulk rolls for the older FD bodies. Good luck, it's a fun camera, people say "James Bond" when they see it come out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny, my friend had two Rollei 35s, one was an SE I believe. He had two films rip in his and so he ended up selling them both.

I have the original 35 but don't use it. The two screws on either side of the top plate are missing, I think the lens might be screwey and the advance takes 1 & 1/4 goes to cock the shutter. I'm looking for a cheap repair place in Japan to fix it, or it goes into the closet ...
    Those who know, shoot film

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin