Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,395   Online: 1027

Thread: MX-9

Shooter
    35mm

MX-9

Hey everyone, just joined here and i am trying to mess around with my parents old minolta MX-9 to see if I really have an interest in Photography before i drop 400-500 bucks on my own camera. I have loaded it with some film but when i go to crank it the lever wont go past about 90*, and i am pretty sure it has to go at least another 30-40*. i am not sure if the battery have any say in this but the light meter was working the last time i checked so I think they are alive. The batteries are pretty old, (20 years), so they could be the culprit but i don't think that the batteries would have anything to do with the mechanical operation of the film. there is no manual with this camera so any help would be appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    does it advance properly without film?
    Metering circus & advance are completely isolated as you suspected.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin