Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,635   Posts: 1,648,185   Online: 1141

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like how I can use good classic Nikkors from the manual focus days on my AF bodies.

I like how I can use my really neat modern AF Nikkors on my manual Nikons.

I like how the controls of my F100 are exactly where I want them to be. I don't have to think at all to use this camera.

I like that je ne sais quoi I feel when I use my F3HP. I don't need it... but using it is just so pleasurable.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recently acquired a Leica R8. Among the things I really like about it:
    1) The incredibly simple procedure for mirror lock-up (flick a switch, press release once to raise mirror, another time to fire shutter)
    2) Its very easy-to-use selector switch for 1st/2nd curtain flash sync (haven't really used this yet but look forward to doing so)
    3) Its very effective matrix metering - with 35 mm cameras, I look above all for speed of operation.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the 100% viewfinder of the Nikon F3, also being able to change the viewfinder completely, and the mirror lock up. Fantastic is the ability to use all the lens on any vintage including something like the D70s.

Although I have not used as much, Leica has as much or more versitlity, being able to use screw mount on the bayonet M's, being able to convert the RF into a SLR, no batteries except late models.

I like the quality and long term usefulness of both of these.

Jim
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively View Post
    I like the way Canon EOS bodies fit my hands and the controls fall exactly where they should (for me).
    I feel the same way about my Nikon F5.

I've always been a Nikon person, and I've never had any real complaints. The only thing that has bothered me about Nikon is the less than 100% coverage of the viewfinder on the non-pro models (like my N80). I have to admit to lusting after an F6 (but just can't seem to justify the purchase at the moment).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am on the side of Ian Grant and Jim Jones, for RF film camera's anyway, but I would like to add to this the M5's shutter 'wheel' and the rather 'graphical' display of the lightmeter...
    For 35 mm SLR's, to me, the Pentax LX is some kind of "...the hand of a friend..." (once the sticky mirror is cured).
    For MF, it is still the robustness and the versatility of the Hasselblad who earns my confidence, but it's wight is a drawback.

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I absolutely hate plastic cameras and how Canon has always found the way to make the cheapest crap (the "kit" lens) and how the bottom-feeding public is more interested in low price than quality. (So, tell us how you really feel!)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I absolutely hate plastic cameras and how Canon has always found the way to make the cheapest crap (the "kit" lens) and how the bottom-feeding public is more interested in low price than quality. (So, tell us how you really feel!)
    The general public is price-sensitive and prints no larger than 4x6" (if they print at all rather than viewing on a screen). Kit lenses do a great job of meeting these criteria - if you want higher quality, Canon can certainly supply it for a few (hundred) dollars more!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my EOS 1n.
    The 100% viewfinder is wonderful. The controls sit just where they should (for me anyway)
    You can sling it over your shoulder and not worry about knocking the mode dial, because there isn't one - you press a button and then use the main dial.
    It's so fast. The fire/wind sequence is faster than just the fire on most electronic cameras.
    And the grip... the main grip just fits my hand perfectly. Trouble is, I never want to let go
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What bugs me about some systems are the different models of accessories required for different cameras of the same brand. For example, my F4 remote control can't be used on my D2X (OK it's a digital camera versus film camera, but you get the idea).

Hasselblad did it right by design backwards compatibility into their models and most of their accessories.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I disliked my EOS Elan IIe because the battery chamber was not designed very well and the battery did not retain it's contact with the camera.

I hated my EOS 3 because it DEVOURED batteries when using a lens with IS on it.

I like my Canon FD bodies and lenses. I like my Nikon F5 & FM3A just fine too. Rangefinders are good too.

But, I like my LF cameras the best.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin