Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,248   Online: 1107

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a fan of rangefinders, but I find that when I want to 'get a little closer', I'm limited by the focus (or lack of) with rangefinders. As other's have said, I love the simplicity of them, though. Generally, I just worry about aperture and shutter speed...set it for what I want, and I'm good to go until the light changes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the ease of use of my P6X7, the filmformat, the extension tubes, the great 45mm and the built- and imagequality.
    I like the handling of my F90X and F100, the spotmeters, the good quality of the Nikkors and the fact that Zeiss make the ZF lenses.
    I like the simplicity of the Holga
    I dislike the dim viewfinder of my P6X7 and that I can't cancel the mirror lock up without loosing a frame.
    I dislike the poor lit infobar (compared to F90X) on my F100.
    The only thing I dislike about the Bronica SQA-i is that I sold it
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like the fact that when I move the shutter speed lever on my Rolleicord, it moves the aperture lever to maintain the same EV setting.

And...

I dislike the fact that when I move the shutter speed lever on my Rolleicord, it moves the aperture lever to maintain the same EV setting.

If it could read my mind and decide if I wanted it to be coupled or not, that would be great!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like my Pentax LX. It is precisely the right size for my hands and everything feels natural about it ...

Except!

The fiddlyness of the exposure compensation dial. I have used this camera for 25 years now, and I still end up changing the iso-setting by mistake about every third time. And you need, like three hands to do it, and preferrably a friend to help you holding the camera.
    (small rant over).

Otherwise I love it.

-- MW
    Men, said the Devil, are good to their brothers: they don’t want to mend their own ways, but each others.
    -- Piet Hein

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I like the fact that after 50 years of black and white photography, that there are people who still love this media, that film producers are still producing black and white roll film, and that Ebay is a source of analogue equipment at reasonable market prices. Long may it reign!!!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love the way my Zorki 2c feels in my hands, I love the fact that despite being 50 years old the shutter speeds are bang on and the frame spacing more even than on relatively new SLRs I own. I even like the knob-wind.

I hate the dark, claustrophobic viewfinder.

I hate noisy motorwinds on modern SLRs even though I like (sometimes) the autoexposure, and the autofocus capabilities.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathab View Post
    I like the fact that after 50 years of black and white photography, ...
    50?
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

50?

Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    50?
    When I said "50", I meant I had had 50 years of black and white photographic experience!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is one thing I like about my D70 that I wish I had on my F5 and that is a LCD with a menu system for making various setting changes!

I love the F5 - but making changes to settings requires holding buttons while turning wheels etc. And it means looking at rather obscure graphics on the monochrome screen. Oh for a LCD screen with menu system and simple scrolling etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathab View Post
    When I said "50", I meant I had had 50 years of black and white photographic experience!!!
    Perfectly understandable. My apologies.

I love the RB67 I've had for a bit, except for the mirror lock up! If one leaves the mirror "up" the camera still operates and makes all the right sounds as if one has taken a picture, but one only finds out when there is a blank frame (or frames) after processing.

One knows who one is ...
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin