Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,598   Online: 909

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like how my my Nikkormat EL, f2, and F2S still work fine with my non AIS lenses. They work well after all this time (they were purchased new).

I like the quality construction and the heft of my Nikon and Hasselblad equipment.

I like to use and just admire my Wista field - talk about fine woodwork and construction!

I also enjoy the usefulness and portability of my Olympus XA and Stylus Epic.

I am looking forward to more enjoyment of photography as I reired as of 22 May and will have more time for my nonpaying passions.

John
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pentax LX, with the early-style shutter release lock. Good weather seals. Just the features I need, nothing else to clutter things up. Ideal size, weight and control layout. "Comfortable old shoe" feel in the hand.

(Yes, I had to have one of my two bodies overhauled for sticky mirror recently. But it's 23 years old, give or take - can't complain.)

While I'm amazed at how good and fast autofocus can be (my Canon 7NE with the 135 f2 lens is a good example) I'm also disappointed in how much it misses by just a little bit.

The shutter on my Leica M6 IS sensual but rangefinder use with my tri-focals is telling me that its time as my primary camera is past.

Having used everything from 35mm to 8x10, I'd have to say that that I have two special camera/lens combinations:
    - the Leica R8 with the 80mm f1.4 Summilux
    - the Contax 645 with the 140mm f2.8 lens

Both the Leica and Contax have microprism focusing screens and there is never a doubt as to whether or not you are in focus. Any thing good you've heard about these lenses is true. They are great, flattering people lenses at wider apertures and very, very sharp at f11.

Both cameras have knobs and rings for the major controls, no buttons or control wheels to confuse things and both are very intuitive to use, though the Leica is better in this regard.

I use the R8 primarily with color film and the larger Contax negative for black and white. Even with 120 Delta 3200 rated at 800 you get a nice useable negative, suitable for 8x10s and a true 800 speed opens up lots of possibilities with the Contax's fast lenses.

Long live the microprism screen!

Take care,
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the way i can use an apature ring on myt older nikons using me thumb dont feel right. I love the way the 801 and 601 can meter mf lenses wish the D100 could. The old Tamron Adaptall lenses what a great design idea, I can swap lenses with the wife(Canon FD) could even buy some old odd cam bodies
    I dont like the micro focus rings on some af lenses or the stoopid scenic modes on some cams or Dx only film speeds its my right to abuse the iso ratings

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love my Fuji GS645s. I know, the thing could be put together a little better, the rangefinder is a little hard to see sometimes, a double exposure feature could be nice, it could've been 6x6, you only get one lens...
    But when it comes to getting a picture, the thing is SO handy.
    I also love my Pentax K stuff. I was able to afford a very complete kit, the build quality and optics are second to none... This system taught me to make pictures and still delivers any time 35mm or small format digital is the ticket.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Zeiss ZM lenses. Love the 1/3 stop gradations, the bump on the focusing ring. Hate the lens-caps that jump out when pinched between finger and thumb.

Cheers,

R.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin