Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,548   Online: 979

Shooter
    Multi Format

Help with Canon AE-1

I just fixed a slow mirror return but now the meter flashes a red blinking light when it's activated. Did I cure the illness but kill the patient?

Thanks Much

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    I just fixed a slow mirror return but now the meter flashes a red blinking light when it's activated. Did I cure the illness but kill the patient?
    Mike, as I recall, the red light indicates under exposure. Did you try adjusting the shutter speed to change exposure? Also, check that you have the aperture ring set to "A" for automatic. If you have it set on an f number, the exposure is in the manual mode. Irregardless, the blinking light means that the exposure setting is too low.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format

AE-1

Thanks for that ray of hope Alex but every attempt to negate the flashing red light has failed.Guess when I repaired the mirror return gear the oil,yes one small drop of oil,must have shorted out the AE-1.DANG!
    Mirror snaps like it was brand new,but the "cure" blew out the AE-1's circuits.(I think).
    I shall lend my Nikon Fe to Jacqui until I can get her a replacement.Feel responsible for pronging her Canon.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin