Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,534   Online: 848

Shooter
    Medium Format

nikon FE mirror locked

I was exercising my FE going through the speeds, and it locked up suddenly. The shutter is closed, the shutter release goes down but no release of the shutter, and the mirror is locked up. The battery is good, and I tried the M90 and B which needs no battery and no go. I bought it new in the early 80's, and it has never done this. Can anyone help with a cure. Thanks, Russell Smith.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow.I own both a Nikon Fe & Fe2 and all I can think of is a new battery.
    Is there a film in the camera? You might try rewinding it.Maybe that would trip the internal gears?? But thats a wild shot.

Good Luck,
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had this happen also. A new battery solved the problem.
    Louie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to you both, I'll try a new battery(s). The little red led was bright, and the M90 didn't go, but I bet the battery is low, and the gears need a jump start to get going again. It's been a very reliable camera, and the nikkor 50 f2 is so sharp. My wide (28) and zoom are both Tamron, and they are actually very good lenses. Thanks for the help, R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

FE

Before replacing the battery, clean the battery chamber contacts with a pencil eraser. After the new battery, reset the camera by setting to 1/90. That should take care of it.
    Anscojohn, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't forget to give us an update.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin