Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,035   Online: 859

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I had a Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 aperature gum up three times like that. I took it to two different shops for CLAs. The first shop only fixed it for 6 months, then the same problem. Shop #2's fix only lasted for about three months. I took it back, and he re-did the job, but again, much less than a year of use. The third time I just bought a replacement lens, as it was cheaper than infinate repair visits. BTW, it was the only lens I ever bought from abroad, so no US warranty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An issue is that KEH lists the same lens in bargain condition for $254, and a repair person quoted me a price of $120. The KEH lens is in better condition than mine, at least judging from the picture. If I was convinced that the repair person would do a good job, I'd go for the $120, but if it'll crap out in, say, under a year, I'd rather get the KEH. Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the repair also cleaning(thoroughly) the helical & relube?
    The problem usually occurs when the lube breaks down through heat, vaporizes & condenses on the aperture blades or blade housing.
    If you start out with new lube in the helical at least you have a fighting chance.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin