Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,417   Online: 1015

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Canon EOS 600 range.

I have a malfunctioning EOS 650 and an EOS 600 needing new seals on the back cover. The obvious answer would be to swap the backs over and I was wondering if any member had experience of removing the back from a camera in this range and whether there were any particular problems.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you mean that foam gasket deteriorated? That is replaceable.

Also, just FYI:

More of a problem with 600 series is gummy shutter blades. When you pick up an old piece that was resting for a while, you may not see the problem immediately but you will soon see it after a few rolls of shooting. This is due to deteriorating rubber bumper in the shutter assembly.

Battery draining problem is also very common with 600 series. This is due to leakage current of the backlight power supply unit. I've disconnect this unit as it is not essential.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "More of a problem with 600 series is gummy shutter blades. When you pick up an old piece that was resting for a while, you may not see the problem immediately but you will soon see it after a few rolls of shooting. This is due to deteriorating rubber bumper in the shutter assembly"

Yes, my EOS 650 seems to have this problem. I (very) gently cleaned the gummy stuff off the shutter blades and, fingers crossed, it's been fine -- I ran a few hundred shots off with no film in the camera without it sticking and have done this every couple of days for a week or two, and the sticking hasn't recurred so far.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin