Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,622   Online: 878

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    I was going to suggest a Canonet as well

It's not that an SLR is horrible for low light or "street work,", but that no film is EVER fast enough. Any advantage you can get is worth it, and the extra stop or so just from not having the mirror slap is gold. Not to mention the fact that even when people see your camera, a rangefinder conjures a whole different set of emotions than an SLR, so you get conversations and curious subjects rather than "guy with camera" looks.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had to do some low-light work recently, and decided agains an SLR with 50/1.4 lens. Instead I picked up a Russian Jupiter-9 85mm f:2 and put it on my Bessa-T. Worked great for shooting a wedding in a dim church - f:2, 1/50, Portra 800.

I'll admit that the pictures I shot outside at f:5.6 were sharper, and even sharper were the ones I shot (also outside) with an Industar-61 L/D at f:5.6.

But the indoor shots were sharp enough, and way "cleaner" than any of the guests got from their digital compacts.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin