Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,748   Online: 1224

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Canon's was the size of the entire GG and magnified. It felt huge.
    But a 35mm is pretty small compared to even a 645 waist level.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE What is the best use for these or are they more a useless piece of gear?[/QUOTE]

I suppose that a WLF of any format but especially 35mm is likely to let you get away with candid work more easily (not that I've tried). I have one on my Asahiflex, which I use occasionally when I need reminding why someone invented the pentaprism!!! ;-)

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    But a 35mm is pretty small compared to even a 645 waist level.
    True but as a practical matter the Canon finder isn't really used waist-level. It wasn't even called that. It pivoted for either horizontal or vertical shooting and I think it was called a Speed Finder. I found it most useful for low angle shooting or for situations where I had to stand next to, not behind the camera.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I found an interesting use for a waist level finder. I sat down with my Yashica MAT-124G and took a candid picture while making it look like I was just fooling around with my camera and not actually taking picture. Worked like a charm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin