Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,496   Online: 866

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shouldn't have done that :(

Hi All
    So I made the mistake of taking the offer from my photopusher and borrowed that ZF25mm lens for one hours shooting :rolleyes: I shot a roll of kodak elitechrome EC and since I only caried one camera and one lens I included some shots with my 50mm f/1.4 and 20mm f/2.8 at the end of the roll after I got back.
    Did you know that the first 2/3 of a film is sharper than the last 1/3?
    Roger and Frances are only partly right, you can experience the potential of this lens when handholding but a tripod is recomended especially if you plan to shoot closeups. I found one major drawback, the prize. I figure I have to rob a bank or forget how good it is, some alternatives, eh?
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    YES its celebration time. after 1265 posts I got my first not answered thread
    oh btw my own post here doesn't count, right?
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You don't have to worry about your photopusher yet. When I walk in the store, my pusher has the item with my name already filled out on a sales receipt!..I am just a sucker!! Now the post is sort of answered, I don't have any input about the lens..Cheers..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh you did it. You couldn't help it, right? you just had to ruin my day and answer that post
    yeah I know. I was going there with my other photopusher but saw the warning signs in time
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an irrational desire to buy the 100 mm macro. It costs more than my entire camera systems in 35 mm, 6x6 or LF, I don't own a camera on which I can use it, I don't ever do the sort of photography for which it is designed, and it's not actually available for sale yet. BUT I WANT ONE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray View Post
    I have an irrational desire to buy the 100 mm macro. It costs more than my entire camera systems in 35 mm, 6x6 or LF, I don't own a camera on which I can use it, I don't ever do the sort of photography for which it is designed, and it's not actually available for sale yet. BUT I WANT ONE.
    Yes so do I and I havn't even seen it yet. Such a macro lens and the closefocussing videangle could bring me back in 35mm photography for real.Hmm well just ordered this "book" http://www.alternativephotography.co...le_lenses.html
    Maybe that will make me think of something else.

BTW Struan maybe we should do that shootout someday.

Kind regards Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been looking at the 35mm Zeiss. I wonder if is is that much better than a Nikkor 35mm 1.4 or a 28mm 2.0 to justify the price?

[for now] Arizona, U. S. A. [near future?] "Land of Enchantment"[NM]
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I did a 'boo-boo'!!!

Hi everyone
    A continuing grateful Wheelygirl here, with a new problem--as I was fiddlin' with the legs of the tripod, with camera and its 200mm telephoto lens on the tripod, the "back-door" of the camera flew open, :o and unbeknowst to me, the film indicator showed that the film needed to be adavnced; however, there had already had been 15 exposures taken, with that roll. Now, my question is, how 'safe' would be for me to shoot 9 more shots? The film indicator is on the "point' just immediately before the "1" [meaning the first exposure, not the tail]. I have a Minolta SRT101.
    Thanks to all, who can advise me!!

One thing i did learn: attach the camera after I set up the tripod's legs!!
    Live and Learn!!!
    Last edited by wheelygirl; 06-03-2007 at 02:40 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed a word!!
    [FONT=Verdana]"the real truth of a photographic image is in its ability to evoke emotion."--Bryan Peterson[/FONT]
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]My Muse wheels Herself about in a wheel-chair![/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go ahead and shoot it, wont be but a two or three frame advance till you are past the fogged film.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    Probably you got so few replies (& I discount the last 2 as they seem to be on something totally different) because so few people can actually afford one of these lenses. I'd certainly like one of the new Zeiss lenses in a Nikon mount because I've got a body it will fit. But at the moment it's financially impossible. So I try not to think about it, and I shouldn't really be posting about it as it just reminds me of what I can't afford!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin