Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,529   Online: 1165

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23
    Can anyone confirm that the EOS 10S works well with kodak HIE?
    The 10s indeed works fine with HIE. No IR fogging whatsoever.

I'm sure you'll be purchasing used, so as mentioned earlier, be sure to check the shutter curtains; I purchased two off of that big auction site. The first had the now infamous "gunky tar" problem, and the seller accepted the return with no problem. The second one initially had a clean shutter, but developed the same problem after I shot in 90 degree weather for a few hours.

The tar can be cleaned (DIY) if you're VERY CAREFUL about it. I did this with mine, and have had no problems since. Check Google and you'll find some procedures written up.

Ironically enough, after all that hassle, I don't really shoot that much IR (or 35mm for that matter) any more though.

Good luck with your purchase!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks. I picked up an EOS 10 for $50. Unfortuantely it does have a bit of that gunk on the shutter curtains; it doesn't seem to affect shutter speeds as far as I can tell, but I'll eventually try to clean it. It's just one little speck.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin