Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,097   Online: 879

View Poll Results: K1000 survey

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own one.

54 60.00%
  • I use to own one.

27 30.00%
  • I have considered buying one.

12 13.33%
  • Here's a favorite pic from one.

2 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: K1000 survey

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdure View Post
    I also drive and own an old VW. I at one point owned three k1000s. Two worked. Now I have one. It would get more use, I suppose, except lately I've found its metering system to be too dang high-tech.
    Do like I just did and yank that dam battery out!

I always want to pick this camera up and use it and I can't figure out why. Maybe it's that dam fine sounding shutter clack or more likely the lenses. Anyways, I getting over that DOF preview shit and am having more fun without it.

How bout some pictures. Mine are in FL and I'm in AZ so I can't help there.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yep...

I don't think I've ever actuallyused this one.
    You can click on the image to read about it and see more photos.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's funny, I just picked up a K1000 at a yard sale last week, for a whopping 10 bucks. This also included the flash and a light meter. I've already run some film through it and can't wait to see the results. I also own a SP1000 that is almost identical, except for the screw mount lens. Great little cameras. Can't beat the price.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Speaking of which...I'm looking for an SLR for someone on an extremely compressed budget, AND I was just given a Sigma Zoom-Epsilon 28-70 macro lens. The body cap says Pentax K and Ricoh something, so I think the lens would mate with the K1000, right? (It's bayonet-mount, not threaded).

I don't run into $10-20 yard sales like that unfortunately...I get the dogs that end up not working on eBay.
    Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I owned an SP1000--the screw thread version. It was my "good" camera to use instead of my Practikas. Now I have a couple of Zenits.
    Anscojohn, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    got one! i still use it. my wife learned on it also. i have owed it for 25 years!

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

never owned, but frequent user

These were the cameras owned by my high school camera club some 20 or more years ago. In my 3 years involved with the club, I recall that we probably put 1200 feet of bulk loaded film though them every year. I believe that they were in use for another 10 years. Built like a tank, and it delivers the images. Makes the shooter do a bit of work in thier own head too.

I currently run the Minolta verison of this camera - SRT101.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I own one of these. My grandfather bought it for a trip to Hawaii and never used it again. Actually I haven't used it either but it is being used by a high school photo student who I loaned it out to.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Bought one new for 89 of our English pounds back in about 1980.
    Soon got fed up with the lack of DOF preview facility and permanently on meter so upgraded to a KX, which I still have.

Steve

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    I learned much of what I know with a Spotmatic. Does that count?
    Actually, I "upgraded" from the Spotmatic. My major gripe was that it was clumsy to change lenses, and I had the normal, the 135, and a 28mm Vivitar. I got the K1000 with the intent of getting a 135 and a 28.

However (yeah, go figure) the first extra lens I got for the K1000 was a 28-135 zoom. Almost a moot point. Later I got the Sigma 18mm ultrawide as well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin