Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,106   Online: 1019

View Poll Results: K1000 survey

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own one.

54 60.00%
  • I use to own one.

27 30.00%
  • I have considered buying one.

12 13.33%
  • Here's a favorite pic from one.

2 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: K1000 survey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So, I take the 35mm forum off of 'ignore', and this is the first thread that pops up

I was told I had to buy a 35mm camera for a college photography course (I'd been using 4x5 exclusively for years), so I picked up a K1000 just because it was cheap...and it's still grinding out images 20 years later. It aint pretty, but it keeps on going no matter what I've done to it.

On a 6 month sea kayaking trip along BC's coast our "waterproof" 35mm automatic rangefinder camera died one week into the trip, but the K1000 kept going no matter what...the flash hot shoe is still rusted 15 years later. It's now the family colour snap shot camera and has been battery-less for years now, but it keeps going and going and going...

As an aside; at 4 years old our daughter could take pictures with it that had perfectly horizontal horizons

Murray

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I started off with a hand-me-down K1000 from my mom. A few years later, before I really got into photography, I got a Canon SLR. Now my sister has the K1000, and primarily I use one of my 3 rangefinders.

I also drive an old VW Beetle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never owned one, but I used to teach on university owned ones for years. A great camera for that role.

David.

Mine got swiped! It was a swell camera too! I eventually replaced it with a Nikon F-2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was looking at those F2's when I acquired my Nikkormat FT3. It's actually a pretty nice camera for the money, but I like the K a little better cause of size.
    W.A. Crider

cao
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'm darkroom tech at a small college with a rental fleet of K1000s. I've five Spotties I use for knock about street shooters. Low light and aging eyes are the only flies in the ointment.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin