Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,460   Online: 885

View Poll Results: K1000 survey

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own one.

54 60.00%
  • I use to own one.

27 30.00%
  • I have considered buying one.

12 13.33%
  • Here's a favorite pic from one.

2 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: K1000 survey

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

K1000 survey

Just to see how many of us have actually owned this model. Got to love the simplicity. Reminds me of the old V'dub's.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i have one and still use it ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

K1000 survey

I have one and love it. still use it.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I own one and it is one of my favorite 35mm. It or a Rangefinder are my first 35mm choices for most things.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one I've never used. Got it from my dad and he didn't run but a few rolls through it. tim

Shooter
    35mm
    I took up photography about three years ago. About two years ago, I bought a pentax k1000 with a 50mm and a 28 mm lens off ebay for just over 80 dollars.
    It is an ideal camera to learn from. It is economic, robust and it's exposure meter system is a terrific educational tool. The lens are fine. I use it a lot. Mainly, because I do not worry about it being stolen. I have other more expensive cameras which I probably treat with too much respect. This has at times inhibited my photo taking.
    I would recommend the k1000 whole heartily to anyone taking up photography or parachuting into the wilderness - If you want. mel.

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    This has been my main camera for over 20 years now (sorry, RFF folks).

It has very few shortcomings, actually, and is extremely reliable.

The RF has become my choice for most low-light or available light work, but the K1000 is what I grab most of the time for most shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one and use it. I also own and drive an old VW.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I own two of them, and I use them as back-ups. I prefer the Pentax KX for most of the work, because it has the lazy man's DOF preview.
    I really like Pentax lenses, sharp, good 'out-of-focus' look, and handles contrast very nicely. I don't see any reason to get anything more sophisticated. It does what it's supposed to do, open shutter, let light onto film, close shutter. And it does it VERY reliably. I've only ever had them jamb up twice. Once the mirror stayed up when it was -35*F (fricken cold), and once because I have managed to twist a cable release on too tightly and a little screw holding the shutter release in place came off... Both times external factors. I would recommend this camera to anyone.
    - Thomas

Shooter
    35mm
    I also drive and own an old VW. I at one point owned three k1000s. Two worked. Now I have one. It would get more use, I suppose, except lately I've found its metering system to be too dang high-tech.
    Last edited by laverdure; 06-07-2007 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin