Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,740   Online: 875

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Pentax Super Program

Hello All,

Have an elderly friend who has the following to sell-
    Pentax Super Program 35mm, mint condition still has plastic covering on base plate and box it came in. Original bill of sale for all parts.
    Pentax 50mm 1.7
    Pentax 28mm 2.8
    Pentax 135 2.5

All lenses are mint condition and have original boxes, lens caps front and rear as well as foam inserts and are still in there plastic bags.
    Also an assortment of 49mm filters
    Any idea about what to sell this set for would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking somewhere in the $300 range.

Thanks for the help
    Arthur

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have no idea what the "right" price would be for the gear you mention.

But perhaps you and your friend are not aware that there is a way for her/him to list it on eBay via one of those "U-sell-it" or something similar vendors? You might want to look into such a service.

These vendors work on a commission-basis so are motivated to try to get the best price and they eliminate the need for your friend to become familiar with eBay selling.

Just a thought. I'm not one of these vendors and have no connection to any of them etc.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The addition of boxes and such, while nice, won't push up the price appreciably, because this Pentax camera and lenses are not collectible items.

The body most certainly will need new foam seals. I am not a fan of using the word "mint" to describe cameras. It has become a deceptive word because of how eBay sellers use it to describe anything that appears to be working. The use of this word now seems to apply to anything that doesn't have a mark on the exterior, which is inaccurate.

The body probably would bring maybe $50-$75. Is the owner's manual included? And is the manual in good condition and not with the owner's name or notes scribbled inside? For this camera, the owner's manual is more important than the box.

The 50mm lens is fairly common. I would guess about $20-$45.

The 28mm lens might bring $25-$50.

The 135mm lens is the gem of the bunch. Most 135mm lenses are of the f/3.5 variety. The f/2.5 version should increase its value to somewhere around $100-$150 from the usual $40-$75 for the f/3.5 version.

The filters add some value to the kit, depending on which filters they are. Polarizers and some filters for b/w should bring more than color-correcting filters for shooting under incandescent lighting.

Your estimate sounds about right -- give or take $25-$50. It sounds like a nice kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    My experience on ebay is that you will get much more money if the items are sold individually than if you sell it all together as a kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for all of your help.
    Arthur, NYC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lens value depends on what version it is. SMC Pentax or SMC-Pentax-M lenses are not terribly valuable. SMC Pentax-A lenses will be significantly more valuable apart from the 50/2 and 50/1.7.

The 50 is the better of the two slower Pentax 50's, and should be worth around $50. The value doesn't go up much for the A version as it's relatively common in A form.

The 28 in M form is an average performer and will be worth $40-50. In A form it may be worth as much as $75 and is much more desirable

The 135/2.5 Takumar-Bayonet was a budget lens at the best of times (despite it's fast speed for a 135). It's worth $25-30. Folks often mistake this lens for the much better and more valuable SMC Takumar 135/2.5 screwmount lens, but it's not the same lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin