Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,738   Online: 919

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Bogeyes

Over the last couple of decades, I've inadvertently become somewhat of an authority on Vivitar & Kiron glass. Please feel free to contact me about any Viv or Kiron lenses, and I'll give you the scoop on any of them. The Viv S-1, 135mm f/2.3 that you are asking about, is a very good one. Not great, but very good. And Komine produced some of the best Viv S-1 lenses ever made. I think that you'll be quite satisfied with it's results.

Kiron Kidn ( MrVivSeries1)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron Kid View Post
    Bogeyes

Over the last couple of decades, I've inadvertently become somewhat of an authority on Vivitar & Kiron glass. Please feel free to contact me about any Viv or Kiron lenses, and I'll give you the scoop on any of them. The Viv S-1, 135mm f/2.3 that you are asking about, is a very good one. Not great, but very good. And Komine produced some of the best Viv S-1 lenses ever made. I think that you'll be quite satisfied with it's results.

Thanks for the offer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps someone here can shed some light on my favourite lens which I've had since 1976.

It's marked up as a Vivitar Series 1 200mm but f2.8 rather than the f3.0 which seems to be usually mentioned.

It was picked up in Japan in June 1976 and brought back for me by a family friend along with an AE1 body for the princely sum of £180.00 which seemed like a lot of money at the time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron Kid View Post
    Bogeyes

Dear Kiron:

I was told that 450mm f/4.5 solid cat is one of the best mirror lens.

But How's the 600mm f/8 solid cat compare with, for example, 500mm f/8 from Nikon and/or Tamron 500mm f/8 55bb ? do you have a such experience?

The reason why I am looking at 600mm f/8 instead of 450mm f/4.5 is because 450mm f/4.5 is very rare and it commands a huge premium. 600mm f/8 is much more reaonsably priced and it does show up once a while in the used market. I would like to know how it fairs

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Perhaps someone here can shed some light on my favourite lens which I've had since 1976.

It's marked up as a Vivitar Series 1 200mm but f2.8 rather than the f3.0 which seems to be usually mentioned.

It was picked up in Japan in June 1976 and brought back for me by a family friend along with an AE1 body for the princely sum of £180.00 which seemed like a lot of money at the time.
    Wiggy

Are you sure it's a 200mm f/2.8 prime, or are you referring to the Series 1, 70-210 f/2.8-4 zoom?

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    So were all Series 1 lenses superior to the cheaper ranges or were they just using the reputation to sell poorer quality with the later models?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The S1 lenses were equivalent in quality to the major camera manufacturers top lenses of the same focal length and spec. Some S1 lenses outperformed the Nikon/Canon/Pentax etc versions.

The S1 lenes were quite different in terms of performance to the cheaper range.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What was the manufacturer’s suggested list price and/or the street price (in U.S. dollars) of the 70-210mm f/3.5 Vivitar Series I made my Kiron when it was first introduced in late 1970s?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Buy it. I have one and it does indeed focus quite close. 0.9 meters for my 135mm f2.3.

Wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus View Post
    What was the manufacturer’s suggested list price and/or the street price (in U.S. dollars) of the 70-210mm f/3.5 Vivitar Series I made my Kiron when it was first introduced in late 1970s?

I prefr the third edition. Smaller, lighter and a tad sharper, and it too has macro. But, the first edition is no slouch. The attached snap was made with the first edition in macro mode.

Kiron Kid

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin