Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,913   Online: 979

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    $230 for the SRT-200 seems extremely high. I was thinking $35 maximum.
    Looks like I wasn't too far out, BH Photo have that exact kit (SRT-200 + 45mm f2) for $229 plus shipping, see http://tinyurl.com/2qlsdx

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Here's one that went for a lot less. Same setup.

http://tinyurl.com/28jaxj

Plus, two that went for even less than this, although both cameras have problems.

http://tinyurl.com/ytld4m

Even so, I don't think most people would pay that much for this camera. However, you never know, so it's worth a try.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dana44 View Post
    I gave my neighbours kid my AE-1 with 2 lense, He loves the thing! And for his B-day, I gave him a photography book. I'm kinda in the process of moving, so what little cash I can pull in on the side would help, since I am kinda stressed.
    Then you should by all means go ahead and sell the rest for whatever you can get. You've more than "paid back" the gift given you.

Good luck with the move.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's an "iffy" market when selling film cameras. I've bought and sold cameras at prices that I've found surprising. As an example, I bought a back-up F100 with a SB-28 flash for under $300, which is a very good price considering the items were near mint.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    35mm
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ent=prices.jpg

This is what I got for all 3 together. Funny thing is, the camera is in VERY VERY good condition, as well as the glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well it's a buyers market, not a sellers.

The dealer will put a good mark-up on those cameras etc, but he will have to give a warranty in return.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like anything else that has a used market there are highs and lows in pricing.
    If you find someone that absolutely has to have an item you're going to hit the high end, otherwise you can bottom out.
    Comparing retail to private party shouldn't be done.
    Yes, B&H asks 229 for an item, they may sit on that for six months. It doesn't cost them anything to store the item, it doesn't eat much, you don't have to maintain it etc.
    You can see the extremes if you look at something like craigslist. Sometimes you have giveaways & sometimes people think they've got the crown jewels.
    Be realistic in your values.
    I've met people who have had exceptional luck at garage sales & some who have paid more than retail. Know what you have & what you're looking for.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Although the Minolta SRT range are very well thought of and sturdy and reliable there isn't that much demand for them and there are huge numbers of them around. A dealer can charge more because they will normally offer a few months guarantee and presumably it will have been checked and serviced if necessary. But of course the amount they pay to buy one will be much lower as they have to cover all this and the camera will probably be gathering dust for several months before it sells (if it sells)

On auction sites such as ebay they can be picked up for next to nothing and Minolta manual focus lenses go cheaply too (much cheaper than Nikon lenses for example). So my betting, sad to say, is that you are not going to make a fortune on these items and that perhaps, as others have suggested, you might consider donating them to some worthy person or cause.

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like I may end up going that route, But at this point, any bit of cash is like.... GOLD to me. heh, I really hate my job, and being in the process of moving at the same time.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have to agree, 230$ seem's a little High. Especially seeing that EOS-3' and F-100's can be had for the same price. Although there are some camera's that hold and rise in price, Like the F3's, but I don't think the the old Minoltas hold as well. I could be wrong though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin