Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,299   Online: 917

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much?

Shooter
    35mm

How much?

Yea, Sorry if this is the wrong section. I haven't been on in a while due to family issues, and job, and in the process of moving.

But I have a Minolta XG 1, and a Minolta SRT 200, both are in VERY good condition (just need batteries) and there is a few cosmetic defects.

I was wondering how much I could fetch out of them, I have one 45mm f/2.0 lense with it. It fits both, and is dust/fungus/scratch free, has a UV filter on it, which is in good condition, the focus ring is fine, and all that.

What could I get for all of this? I need to know, trying to sell them to make room for my other cameras, and the fact I am moving.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would check KEH prices, and possibly past sales on the auction site.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A quick check of completed sales on e-bay reveals prices around $10 for a camera (either model) with standard lens in good condition rising to as "high" as $35 for an outfit with 2 lenses, flash, filters and bag. Looks like one of those cases where it might be better to keep the camera if you would ever use it (possibly in situations where you wouldn't risk a "good" camera). If not, it might be quicker to give the camera to a charity store, your neighbor's eight-year-old child, etc., rather than put effort in selling it for $10 if you're lucky!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you use craigslist You may be able to realize a little more for the items.
    Maybe $50-60 for the body w/lens & $20-30 for body alone.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    I reckon the SRT 200 plus lens is worth about $230 and would guess the XG1 is worth about $50-$60, you could possibly offer them for sale on the Minolta Users Group, http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Minolta/ I've been a member on the list for a good while now and got a fair price for some bits I sold on it list in the past. I'd be interested myself but my camera bag has become camera bagS and they are all full!

Hope that helps,

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dferrie View Post
    I reckon the SRT 200 plus lens is worth about $230 and would guess the XG1 is worth about $50-$60, you could possibly offer them for sale on the Minolta Users Group, http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Minolta/ I've been a member on the list for a good while now and got a fair price for some bits I sold on it list in the past. I'd be interested myself but my camera bag has become camera bagS and they are all full!

Hope that helps,

David
    Thanks for that Info, The Minolta SRT200 is in damned good condition, Shutter is fine, Everything is top, I just am not interested in it anymore, Since I was practically give a Canon EOS 400D d-SLR with 2 lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Since you say you were "practically given" a camera, I second the notion that you reciprocate by finding a young person who would appreciate one of them and make a gift of it. I've been lucky enough to have some things given to me over the years and I've tried to reciprocate to others. It gives one a good feeling!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    Since you say you were "practically given" a camera, I second the notion that you reciprocate by finding a young person who would appreciate one of them and make a gift of it. I've been lucky enough to have some things given to me over the years and I've tried to reciprocate to others. It gives one a good feeling!

I gave my neighbours kid my AE-1 with 2 lense, He loves the thing! And for his B-day, I gave him a photography book. I'm kinda in the process of moving, so what little cash I can pull in on the side would help, since I am kinda stressed, But when it comes down to it, I'll give it to my local goodwill.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    $230 for the SRT-200 seems extremely high. I was thinking $35 maximum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was gifted a Minolta XG1 with the 50mm Rokkor, 28mm Celtic, and 135mm Celtic. Wonderful little SLR with great lenses, my favorite 35mm kit. Well worth much more what one would pay for them, IMHO. I intend to use it until I wear it out or die.

If you've got an expensive Nikon, Cannon, or whatever, you can use the Minoltas when you don't want to risk the prime stuff. Or find a deserving recepient.

K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin