Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,384   Online: 761

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I send in a Hasselblad lens for shutter/aperture job (repairing or CLA), which happens on an average of about 4 to 5 years for each lens, there is always a (minor) post on the invoice for the realignment on the collimator.
    I wonder why C.Z. did not designed their lenses as they could be dismantled for sevicing without causing a problem for the alignment of the elements, perhaps it is undoable for a decent prize.

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    I wonder why C.Z. did not designed their lenses as they could be dismantled for sevicing without causing a problem for the alignment of the elements, perhaps it is undoable for a decent prize.

Philippe
    Dear Phillippe,

I don't think it's doable at any price. I mean, the lens has to be collimated when it is assembled -- and reassembly after disassembly is much like the initial assembly...

Cheers,

Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin