Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,710   Online: 737

Shooter
    35mm

Nikkor lens cleaning and repair.

Where is a good place to send your manual focus nikkor lens for cleaning? I have a like new non AI lens where the aperture blades are sticking.

I'm in Dallas Texas.

thanks ,

Tom Hicks

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you checked with KEH yet? They have a camera repair department. I'm not sure if they do lenses though. You might also try posting this query in the camera building and modification fourm here on APUG as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hicks View Post
    Where is a good place to send your manual focus nikkor lens for cleaning? I have a like new non AI lens where the aperture blades are sticking.

I'm in Dallas Texas.

thanks ,

Tom Hicks
    Tom,

Can I be honest with you? Saying you have a "like new non AI lens where the aperture blades are sticking" sounds like eBay-speak.

Simply put, "Like New" lenses do not have sticky aperture blades.

As snegron suggests, KEH is a good start. I'm sure there are other sources too. You may want to do a search here of the archives.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Tom,

Can I be honest with you? Saying you have a "like new non AI lens where the aperture blades are sticking" sounds like eBay-speak.

Simply put, "Like New" lenses do not have sticky aperture blades.

As snegron suggests, KEH is a good start. I'm sure there are other sources too. You may want to do a search here of the archives.
    Thanks I'll try them , how about a 42 year old lens that was used 3 times, and put up .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not long ago I found on a Nikon web site, I believe, a list of the Nikon-authorized repair centers across the United States. Then I had a very well used Nikkor 50/1.4 overhauled at a local Nikon-authorized repair shop. The focus got a bit loose over 25+ years of service. I don't remember the cost (50 or so dollars I seem to recall) but it was returned in "like new" condition after a week in the shop.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Brian's post "jogged" the old memory cells so I went to Mr. Google and found:

http://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/

http://www.nikonlinks.com/unklbil/repair_us.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin