Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,740   Online: 1166

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My new FT (now that we cleared that up)

Anyways got this guy roughly last thursday and have used it on least three rolls of film since then. I also got around to doing my traditional habit of taking a studio shot of any new equipment I get.

Pen FT // 1966 (or was it '67) // 38mm f/1.8

Two shots taken on the camera with a 100% crop, scanned on a Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 ED at 4000 dpi.

Ilford FP4+ 125 // Developed in Tmax 1+4
    Exposure 1/250 @ f/11 + strobes

information regarding the above can be seen at : DA - Heather

Tri-X 400 shot at 200 // Developed in HC-110 1:50 68F 6 minutes
    Exposure 1/60 @ f/1.8

information regarding the above can be seen at : DA - Clarkie's Neighbor

After doing both scans at 4000 dpi, I was somewhat surprised in some instances how sharp the 38mm f/1.8 lens is. It just seems like to get any other lens ( aside from say a 38/1.8, 40/1.4 or 150/4) is either a pain in the butt to find or just plain expensive. Likewise with the lens adapters. But overall I liked the camera, the shutter seemed unique since I've had both focal plane and leaf on my cameras, just not rotary.

I ordered a Bowen slide duplicator adapter for the Pen-F basically it's just a T-Mount adapter for the Pen-F mount for 14$ so with any luck I might find some alternatives to a wide t-mount (or T2) lens for cheap as well. It's not anything like being able to use my existing M42 or Canon FD lens, but its a hell of a lot cheaper for the adapter (14$ as opposed to nearly 350$).

I might pick up a 100/3.5 if opinion seem to be ok on it.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats! I picked up an FT a few months ago and have just been insanely happy with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin