Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,172   Online: 782

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post
    I own several Fujica ST-series SLRs and they are a delight to use. They have brighter viewfinders than the Spotmatics. They are somewhat rare, however, in N. America and are now commanding $50-100 on eBay.

Another alternative would be the Yashica TL-Electro. I own one and the viewfinders are similarly bright. The TL-Electro also has mirror lock-up and a higher flash sync speed (nominally 1/125 sec, though likely 1/90 sec in actuality) than most M42s.

Best of all they can usually be had (with the sadly flare-prone Yashinon DX 50mm f/1.4) for about $30.
    I see a Fujica ST605 http://cgi.ebay.com/FUJICA-ST605n-CA...QQcmdZViewItem went for $10.49 yesterday, which is in the same range as the two I bought (one since sold).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are still plenty of excellent Spotmatics available, I bought a Sptmatic F for £25 18months ago, in mint condition, and a Spotmatic II for much less but not as good cosmetically.

These camera's can be serviced and repaired at reasonable prices by a no of UK repairers. The Derbyshire guy, if it's who I'm think you mean in Clay Cross, is very helpful.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    I see a Fujica ST605 http://cgi.ebay.com/FUJICA-ST605n-CA...QQcmdZViewItem went for $10.49 yesterday, which is in the same range as the two I bought (one since sold).
    The 705 and 801/901 fetch higher since they support somewhat higher speeds (1/1500 and 1/2000) than the other Fujicas and almost all other M42 cameras.

Also the 55mm f/2.2 isn't particularly coveted. Most are outfitted with a 55mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Paul Howell;496729]
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post
    I own several Fujica ST-series SLRs and they are a
    Another alternative would be the Yashica TL-Electro. I own one and the viewfinders are similarly bright. The TL-Electro also has mirror lock-up and a higher flash sync speed (nominally 1/125 sec, though likely 1/90 sec in actuality) than most M42s.

What battery does the Yashica TL Electro use?
    Kodak S28 (or equivalent) silver-oxide battery. The same as a Fujica ST-801.

They run about $7-9.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump up one model to an SP2. You'll have all the advantages of the SP1, the same M42 mount and the convenience of a built in hot shoe.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hey, this thread is almost three years old...I think the OP may have figured it out....or moved on...no?

Shooter
    35mm
    Wasn't paying attention to when, laugh. It just came up earlier and I just answered it. Thought it was recent, shrug.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin