Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,925   Online: 976

Caselton Corners, Staten Island, New York
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Minolta Maxxum 9 all smoked up

Hi:

We had a fire in our bedroom last Friday , and my cameras were behind a closed door in what was once a linen closet. No damage from heat but smoke/soot had found it's way into the closet. My Maxxum 9 has a thin layer of smoke/soot on it and I wondered if anyone who may of had the same type of bad luck, how he or she cleaned their camera('s).

Bob

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't had that precise problem, but certainly have received a fair number of filthy cameras. I would clean the exterior with a soft cloth, preferably microfiber, and some Q-tips, possibly moistened with alcohol. Unless the mirror or fresnel are noticeably fogged I would not try to clean the inside. You may want to let it air out a bit, however, maybe on a windowsill.
    Last edited by DBP; 07-25-2007 at 05:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin