Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,580   Posts: 1,622,021   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    > The Canon lens went on e-bay for close to £400

That is insane! With a little patience, it should be available for well under $300US. I picked up a Canon IIf with the Canon 50/1.5 for $350. Same with the Nikkor lens, should go under $300US. I also use a Zeiss-Opton Sonnar 5cm F1.5 in Contax mount with an adapter for M-Mount. I have an LTM adapter for this lens waiting at the Post Office. Lens+adapter was under $300. I will test this adapter and post results on this forum.

I shimmed the Zeiss lens so that it is in sharp focus wide-open and close-up. Sonnar formula lenses have more of a focus shift than Planar lenses, and the new Zeiss Sonnar is no exception. At F4, you don't need to worry about it. At F1.5, you want to check it. Interesting Different.
    Last edited by lens_hacker; 08-01-2007 at 09:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Got my test roll back of 5 lenses.

1950's Zeiss Sonnar using a Contax to LTM adapter on my Canon 7, wide-open at F1.5:

And a Zeiss 50/2.8 Tessar, formerly M42 mount preset, now RF coupled for the Leica using an Industar 61 lens mount, @F4:

(Not bad for a $10 lens)

My Flickr stream, more photos with these lenses, and will add other lenses adapted for the Leica mount:

http://flickr.com/photos/oldcamerapictures/
    Last edited by lens_hacker; 08-11-2007 at 11:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin