Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,496   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

one more K1000? multiple exposures

hello,
    i was trying to shoot multiply (9) exposures and move the camera between shots the other day. i was shooting a flower garden. i was trying to make it spiral. i was also trying to shoot one shot focused and another out of focus on the same frame to give it a glow (2 exposures).

well, the film seems to have moved during the shots. for the first few attempts i pushed the little button on the bottom of the camera (the rewind button) and then cocked the shutter. i noticed the film winder lever moving so i figured i did it wrong cause the film was advancing. the next few shots i held the button in as i cocked the shutter.

in the end it looks like the film has moved. i got like 3 distinct lines and images per one 35mm frame....well maybe a bit bigger than one frame. my question is did i do it wrong? maybe it is broken/breaking? any help would be great. it is my only 35mm camera that does multi exposures....i sure wish i could do it with my N90s. i will try and post some photos tonight. i thought i had them with me.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you need to hold the rewind button down then the camera doesn't really have multiple exposure. The button is a neat trick but it's not 100% fool proof.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie gunks View Post
    hello,
    ...any help would be great. it is my only 35mm camera that does multi exposures....i sure wish i could do it with my N90s...

eddie
    Your N90s won't do multiples? Strange. My N80 does. I would think that feature would be ditched....then again, mirror lockup isn't very common either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Something you can try with the K1000 is to use the rewind knob to put tension on the film, press and hold the rewind button when you cock the shutter.
    By having tension on the film it tends not to move as much.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin