Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,415   Online: 959

Shooter
    35mm

Date Imprinting out of the camera - neat tip

I haven't seen this posted anywhere before, so I hope I'm not reinventing the wheel here. I recently purchased an Elan 7NE camera. Alas, although Canon claims there is a model with date imprinting, a recent photo.net thread revealed that camera is nearly impossible to find. The back is not removable so if you don't have the date version you will never be able to imprint the date on your images.

Or can you?

I have an EOS 3 with a date back. All I do is tell the Elan 7 to leave the film leader out, pop the rewound roll into the EOS 3, and fire away 36 images. True, you have to remember to put the correct dates on, but even a rough ballpark date is better than none for certain events. Even better if you do a lot of shooting on one particular day so it all stays the same.

Hope this is useful info. I plan to shoot a lot of film this weekend and I'm happy that the dates will be there.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere before, so I hope I'm not reinventing the wheel here. I recently purchased an Elan 7NE camera. Alas, although Canon claims there is a model with date imprinting, a recent photo.net thread revealed that camera is nearly impossible to find.
    By remarkable coincidence, our used dept has two Elan 7E QD (Not the "N") bodies in stock right now. Small world, eh?
    Here and here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and it's always a pleasure to see you wandering around the boards Henry...
    (just like the old rec.photo days.)

erie

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    By remarkable coincidence, our used dept has two Elan 7E QD (Not the "N") bodies in stock right now. Small world, eh?
    Here and here.
    Henry,

Seen a couple of your posts here recently.

Great news to see you here. Perhaps B&H would like to become a Sponsor to the site?

Given how many of us shop at "....you gotta go the B&H", a little return favor would be appreciated!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin