Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,448   Online: 835

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We just cannot resist collecting more photography equipment for the days we plan to use it. But it never comes, it just collects dust.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Well, actually my plan is to do almost exactly as Dan suggested. I would like to rid myself of the lot, save the Nikons...life would be so much simplier.
    See, you're already on the road to recovery.

Dan's right - stick to one mount system - that's why all my 35mm gear is Nikon (SLR F mount and RF S-mount*).

Now when it comes to MF, I'm all over the place! A Hassey 503Cxi system, a Pentax 67-II system and a Bronica 645 system in Tucson! Geez, I'd better clean up my act there!

[* Now the Contax III and the Kiev are "generally" compatible with the S-mounts at and below 50mm so I'm counting them! ]

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah! I know what you mean. Try to explain to your girlfriend why do you have so many "old cameras" and no digital.

My cameras:
    - Olympus OM1
    - Nikon FM2
    - Nikon FM2/T
    - Nikon FM3A
    - Nikon FE2
    - Nikon F100
    - Hasselblad 500CM
    - Leica R8
    - 02 Leica M6

Shooter
    35mm

Perfect cure for your ailment

I suggest you stop looking at SLRs and instead make a purely academic study of 35mm and 120 roll film folding cameras. They come in such a variety and have such a rich history that you will be fully absorbed in research and cataloging for the rest of your life.

Of course, should you slip up and buy one, I'm not responsible for what happens next.
    Jeff Polaski
    "A full-time job seriously interferes with photography."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioLima View Post
    Yeah! I know what you mean. Try to explain to your girlfriend why do you have so many "old cameras" and no digital.

My cameras:
    - Olympus OM1
    - Nikon FM2
    - Nikon FM2/T
    - Nikon FM3A
    - Nikon FE2
    - Nikon F100
    - Hasselblad 500CM
    - Leica R8
    - 02 Leica M6
    Those ain't "Old" cameras. Other than the Cannon sureshots I bought for kite photography, my newest camera is a 1986 FM2. Most of my cameras precede my birth (and I am 50). Only a couple have meters, The FM2, a Fujica, the EM sitting on my copy stand. That's it.

Explain to your girlfriend why you need 6 cameras that shoot a film format that is almost obsolete (3.25x4.25), 2 5x7 cameras she has never seen a print from, a couple of 2x3 Press cameras, a 4x5 (the work horse), 2 rb67s, a half dozen 120 folders, another half dozen weird 135 cameras, a couple 127s, 3 120 TLRs and associated lens, not to mention all the homemade pinhole cameras.

Obsession.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see I'm not alone. I feel better now.
    Nikon (F2/FM2.bunch of lenses)
    MInolta (2x SRT 101, recent CLA/battery conversion/ bunch of lenses)
    Konica SLR (2x T3, recent CLA/battery conversion/bunch of lenses)
    Hasselblad (bunch of lenses/backs)
    Lots of toy cameras
    4x5 and 8x10, bunch of lenses
    lots of enlarger lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is nothing more than a mild case of GAS. You will no doubt have ebbs and flows, as the disease runs its course, but in the end, you will succumb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got back into film this March. At that time I had only a K-1000 & a Rollei 35. It is now September and I have 18 cameras and counting :rolleyes:

I use them all though, and I've spent easily less than $1000 on them so I don't really feel bad
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I got back into film this March. At that time I had only a K-1000 & a Rollei 35. It is now September and I have 18 cameras and counting :rolleyes:
    WOW! Now I don't feel so bad.

Well, I've gotten rid of a few. I sold the K-1000, lost the spotmatic somewhere (!?!?!), gave the Pentax H1a to a friend who confessed a sentimental attachement to the type, sent the second Nikon FA body back to KEH (it was supposed to be in EX condition but, the mirror foam was absent, the door seals crumbling, view finder full of bits of black fuzz and worst of all, the shutter wasn't even opening when the expsore mode was set to AE!).

So, now, I'm down to....er, let's see...seven 35mm slr bodies.

Nikon FM3A
    Nikon FA (my original war horse)
    Pentax KX (my first real camera)
    Pentax SP-1000
    Minolta X-370 (saving for my kid)
    Minolta SRT-201 (would sell but, it seems to be worth less than a large pizza and a pint)
    Yashica FX-3 Super 2000

Images
    Hello, My name is Neal and I am a cameraholic.

I have WAY to many cameras. I do tend to use most of them in rotation but some see little or no use for long periods.
    That's it! Just one more Contax RTS II ... and maybe one later model Nikon body and I am going on the wagon.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin