Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,836   Online: 783

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was once told by a guy who was a pro.that the idea of professional photography is to build up you're bank balance, not you're muscles lugging gear about.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, I suffered a moment of weakness and I ordered yet another 35mm body from KEH. A chrome Nikon FA in EX condition....

While I was waiting for it to come, I realized it would make....geez, when you loose count surely, it is a sign.

I hauled out all the 35mm bodies I could remember. I left my wife's Canon EOS out of the count...one, two....eleven and one more on the way makes...TWELVE!

I've tried to sell some. I gave some away...still, there are ten!

Pentax KX (my first "real camera - even my wife agrees, this one's a keeper).
    Nikon FM3a, black FA and chrome FA
    Minolta X-370N and SRT-201
    Yashica FX-3 super 2000 (I'm amazed at the ML glass)
    Pentax H1a, Spotmatic, and SP-1000

I won't even go into the glass...am I sick? I need help.
    Sorry Brad,
    You're a confirmed cameraoholic. There is unfortunately no known cure for this affliction. I know. As I write - I know that my bid for a Pentax ME ll be successful. I could/should have withdrawn the bid but, what the heck! I twill join my ever increasing "family" of iconic cameras. Seriously, I am a convinced B&W enthusiast trying to go back to the 1970s. Enjoy it - look at what you are saving. These cameras cost a fortune thirty forty years a go and are usually in mint condition. Find a sympathetic camera technician and you have a Rolls Royce for about £50. You are right to stick with Pentax.
    Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really DONT KNOW why I just bought a Z-20 (Pentax) from e-bay (£20 with postage !) but I know I won't get rid of my P30T which I'm 'upgrading' . I have my Canon EOS 500 (which was my first AF camera but I just don't cherish it like the Pentax) , a petri 35 automatic (bought in the 70s when I was into caving and mountaineering - couldn't even get into a cave now !) my first MF camera (Lubitel ) and my 'baby' the Bronica SQB . I keep rationalising why I need these cameras - yo know - that's for slides, that's for colour print , that's for fun etc.etc. but I just know I will end up with more cameras than I can shoot with !

I need help while I still only have this many cameras - mind you I've seen a nice canon FD fit on ebay and I always did want an OM 1 !
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Good News is: you're absolutely normal.
    The Bad News is: I am as sick as you.
    The list, from memory, and I will limit myself to 35:

Pentax Spotmatic II
    Pentax Spotmatic F
    Pentax K1000
    Pentax K2
    Pentax LX (2 bodies)
    Rolleiflex SL2000
    Rolleiflex 3003
    Rollei 35
    Rollei 35 Classic
    Leica MP (ouch!)
    Leica M6 (ouch again!)
    ContaxG2 (a moment of weakness)

I console myself by using them...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Someone said it here before, and I wish I could remember who, because they richly deserve the credit.

"The trick is to own enough cameras, that nobody, except you, can tell when you get another one."

Well said!

Shooter
    35mm
    My O/H read this over my shoulder, apparently I don't need encouraging....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin