Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,770   Posts: 1,670,869   Online: 993

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jana,

Thanks for your feedback. I could only vaguely remember what I read. It could have been nikonians. I also read the visit to the Sendai Plant, it is translated on another site. Good read, if you are interested in the new D3.

I think you will like the F6, I love mine, it's a fantastic camera.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I understand your feeling. I read somewhere today that Nikon is still making about 60 F6's per month. I don't know how you can sustain a production line with that low volume. However, the F6 is probably the most sophisticated 35mm you can get, so I would - in fact, I did buy one.
    Yeah when you have good quality primes it makes the choice to change rather hard. It was rather interesting that I was talking to a salesman I have known for a number of years (who has now changed companies who I have not seen for a long time)and I started enquiring about an F6 and he asked me are you the guy with the LX and pentax primes. My response was yes and to using his words were "I cant see a real reason for change"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    I have a N-75 that I am happy with. Are there any good reasons to buy a F-6?

I understand that there are some advantages using a SB-800 and that there is a wider range of shutter exposures, but is that enough to warrant spending $2,000 after buy the Hasselblad this year?

Steve
    I can't answer that question, only you can. For me, it was worth upgrading from an F5.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm

I understand that there are some advantages using a SB-800 and that there is a wider range of shutter exposures, but is that enough to warrant spending $2,000 after buy the Hasselblad this year?

Steve
    It obviously depends on your needs and/or desires.

i-ttl flash
    100% VF
    manual rewind
    between frame data imprint
    11 af points
    AF accuracy
    (self diagnostic) shutter accuracy
    full metering with all Nikkors
    dampened mirror vibration
    ergonomics
    What would Dziga Vertov do?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Steve
    No!

If I were you, I'd shelve the N-75 and get a F100 ($300 or so) or a F5 ($500 to $600).

The F6 is an advancement on the F5's features with the added attraction of being housed in the smaller F100 configuration - that is unless you want to add (as you can do with the F100) the larger battery pack bringing it up to to the larger size and greater weight of the F5.

I have two F5's and I'm thinking of trading up one of them to the F6. That will be, for me, an upgrade. But I don't think you need to go all the way to an F6 at $1500 or so to realize the advantage of a pro Nikon film camera.

Pick up a good quality used F5 (or F100 with the external battery pack option) and you'll be very happy to shelve the N75.

Oh, BTW, I also own a N75 - I bought it on eBay as an inexpensive, lightweight backup camera that my wife wouldn't mind carrying for me. Frankly, it is a plastic POS - but it is a "light tight" housing capable of carrying my Nikkor glass even with its many limitations.

Since you'll get butkus selling the N75 - figure to keep it as a back up if you go as I suggest - or even if you "splurge" for a F6.

(Oh, and welcome to Nikon pro camera world! ).

Shooter
    35mm
    I have found myself in a very difficult situation,... im going to Syria for 2months, ..mhm....should i take F6 with good lens and 30 rolls of Sensia or 1Dsmk2? Problem is that im a student and that im going on low budget and that somehow im not willing to pay ~500e just for films and for developing it. And in the end i will have nothing! Shit, father forgive me, i think i will have to sin. :rolleyes: Im calming down myself with promise, that when i will come back i will use my f6 even more,...smrc...

What would you do?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Take the F6...My $.02 cents...

Shooter
    35mm
    Both my F6s purchased early this year have serial numbers just over 27000 so obviously they are making them in decent numbers. Of all the huge numbers of 35mm cameras I've had (SLRs and rangefinders) nothing comes close to the F6 in terms of shooting pleasure and capability. Plenty of cameras are pleasurable or capable but the F6 has both traits in abundance. Any waiverers should indulge in it - it is a very worthy camera.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin