Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,696   Posts: 1,549,066   Online: 1038

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

f3 shutter release button slightly stiff

Hello
    I'm very fund of my beat up nikon f3, I have a slight problem with it though, it seems that I have to use more force than I want to when I trip the shutter. Oftenly I find that the shutter releases a little too late because the button is somewhat hard to press (there is some resistance). Is this normal?
    My f3 is from 1983-84 and it is quite beat up, so maybe a cla would take care of it. I just wondered if the shutter release button is supposed to be a little hard to press down?
    Just to clarify, it doesn't feel stuck or anything, it's more that it's difficult to tell when exactly the shutter will trip.
    Hope this is clear.
    Best Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't think it's normal. The F3 has electronic shutter release and thus quite light.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would have it checked by a professional repair service. The only time I ever had a problem with the shutter release of an F3 was with one of their early models. It needed repair.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for your answers guys. I thought it was something like that. My f3 used to be a journalist camera, so it's been taken a good beating the last 24 years or so. It's amazing it still works as well as it does all things considered. I'll have it serviced soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    it will work and 24 years more in pj. Undestructible. Russian tank.

Shooter
    35mm
    My F3HP was just returned from being CLA'd. The technician made the comment that it would now be good for another 25 years.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin