Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,063   Online: 806

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here you can see the difference betwen the pre-war and post-war Xenon lenses. The post-war example was used on the IIc and IIIc and looked almost the same in the 2,8 and 2,0 versions.

And you can see that the five element 2,8 Xenar was called "Xenar", but "Xenon" on the Retinas. Schneider called this version "Super-Xenar" in their internal publications, and sometimes "S-Xenar". Not all 2,8 Xenars were five element. The post-war 2,8 Xenar on the Retina was a four element, as was the "S-Xenar" on the Rollei 35. Confusing, huh? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by JPD; 06-06-2008 at 10:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    No, that would give ME a headache! I'm swedish and my english isn't up to encyclopedic standard. There are many articles there that should be updated and corrected. The Rollei articles for example.
    Dude, trust me, your English is fine. Most native English speaker's English isn't up to encyclopedic standards!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Plugging "Kodak Retina Ib" into Google gives 97,000 hits with the fifth one down being a manual in PDF format.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/kodak/k..._retina_ib.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin